Air Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm sorta lost. I have a 2006 king ranch 2wd with all 4 air bags under it, what will I need to complete this including keeping the check suspension light off dash from glowing,
I want to convert to coil over struts, what better brand for towing and such, reasonable prices I'm looking for too. The air struts on the front have both been rebuilt from ford but still leak so I'm done with them.

when u buy a conversion kit...it will have everything in there to complete the job...for the error message...I don't have the instructions anymore and not sure if any other brands are giving the instructions...I bought a suncore kit and it had it in there

AAS-1

Reaction score
Ok, I'm sorta lost. I have a 2006 king ranch 2wd with all 4 air bags under it, what will I need to complete this including keeping the check suspension light off dash from glowing,
I want to convert to coil over struts, what better brand for towing and such, reasonable prices I'm looking for too. The air struts on the front have both been rebuilt from ford but still leak so I'm done with them.

Our premium kit consists of Gabriel struts and Eibach springs, so there is no better kit on the market. It comes with instructions how to do the install and an optional "light-out module" (with instructions also) to cancel out all the suspension warnings. This premium kit is on sale right now for $499+shipping.

Ford Expedition Air Suspension Conversion - 0306

DarthVair

Reaction score
Hey guys. I don't know how active this forum is anymore but I just bought an expedition Fri and have some questions on the monroe air ride conversion (90010). 2000 5.4L awd 4 wheel air ride. I end up towing stuff a lot (cars, dump runs, etc). I looked and looked but only found 2 reviews on how the conversion kit tows. One said its great, doesn't squat much and drives fine. The other said its garbage and the air ride was way better. Both my front shocks are shot and the price of 2 new ones is the same as the conversion kit. Anyone else have any reviews? 2 cents?

Thanks guys

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys. I don't know how active this forum is anymore but I just bought an expedition Fri and have some questions on the monroe air ride conversion (90010). 2000 5.4L awd 4 wheel air ride. I end up towing stuff a lot (cars, dump runs, etc). I looked and looked but only found 2 reviews on how the conversion kit tows. One said its great, doesn't squat much and drives fine. The other said its garbage and the air ride was way better. Both my front shocks are shot and the price of 2 new ones is the same as the conversion kit. Anyone else have any reviews? 2 cents?

Thanks guys

If you tow a lot, I'd definitely look into if the new 2015 springs with load leveling fit. Don't know how many years the fitment goes go back.

toadeyes

Reaction score
If you tow a lot, I'd definitely look into if the new 2015 springs with load leveling fit. Don't know how many years the fitment goes go back.

Would it be a perfect bolt on swap?

AAS-1

Reaction score
Darth, I think he must have overlooked the year of your vehicle. The 1997-2002 Expedition had a totally different system on it that the 2003-On.

Anyway, be careful on the Monroe kits, as they use chinese springs with their kits. They WILL sag by themselves in a year or so, but do it quicker towing I'm sure.

A really good conversion using Eibach springs for a 2000 Expedition would run $387. You'd also get $50 back if you want to sell us your old compressor/dryer and solenoids.

toadeyes

Reaction score
Just curious, anyone tried using Airlift kit with their Expedition? How was the installation process and ride comfort?

wpatters1229

Reaction score
Hope to get an answer quickly. I got the Monroe kit for my 2000 expedition that has 4xair. Have watched the video etc. but this kits comes with a seat for the rear springs and does not say if it goes on the bottom or the top. Also does not show if the small coil in the spring goes up top and if so does it need a seat/washer? The instructions a kind of simple and no diagrams concerning the right orientation for the spring coils.
Any help would be nice.

1998Expo2WD

Reaction score
I've watched the Strutmasters video and others. Do you not need to install the rear struts on a 1998 2WD Expedition during the conversion? All the videos I've seen only install the springs in the rear.

Edit: I guess the Strutmasters video excludes the part about replacing the rear struts. It just says "now would be a perfect time to replace the struts". Is it easy to replace the rear struts?

90005.jpg

Edit2: So it looks like the strut aka "shock absorber" replacement is pretty easy, right?

Strut_Replacement.jpg

Last edited:

Jacy

Reaction score
Hello air suspension,
I am researching a bag system for my 1st generation xlt 4 x4. So far I'm on airbagit. Com and I'm going to use a lower and upper a arm conversion kit that I will be welding the shock relocation kit to. I'm doing this so I can pancake my 1st gen over 30's.
My question is, has anyone dropped their expedition down to the ground with any issues from the torsion bars?

Thank you for your time.
Jacy