aluminum VS. stamped steel control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mindgame

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's pretty cool.

I am guessing that you polished it on the truck.

Or you would have polished the whole thing...

Do like you did or pull them off and do the whole piece.

And then, where do you stop?
I've polished them on the truck.. When you get tired.. Just fall asleep under the truck :)

I have another spare set off on the side that I am actually polishing now prepping for a change the day my lower bushing fails..

Where do you stop? it all depends where you can reach if you leave it on.. or until u just give up and you are satisfied..
:head3:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 183
OP
OP
01exp4x4

01exp4x4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've polished them on the truck.. When you get tired.. Just fall asleep under the truck :)

I have another spare set off on the side that I am actually polishing now prepping for a change the day my lower bushing fails..

Where do you stop? it all depends where you can reach if you leave it on.. or until u just give up and you are satisfied..
:head3:

Nice EXTRA parts...

I wonder if I could score some.

Would make it a lot easier to do.

Dmpsix

Reaction score
Bumping this thread cuz relevant and I don't want to waste space making a new one.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an EXACT replacement for my 03 4x2 Expedition?

I definitely need new control arms... just don't know where to start looking other than Rockauto?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When the 03' came out it had aluminum control arms.

Later they switch to stamped steel...

Why?
To save money?

Seems like the Aluminum might be better, and cost more to make...

ANYONE? ...opinions?

I might polish my rear arms. LOL seriously...
Just cause I could.

You cant polish aluminium, bare aluminium immediately oxydizes since its hella reactive....heck itll pull tarnish off silver its that reactivd