another GEM thread....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob White

Reaction score
What is the friggin' trick to get the plugs with bolts out? bolts are spinning by hand, but that damned plug won't come out....I'm about to get a air chisel and just shred the whole damned thing and replace the fuse box and gem...lol

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No trick

Just walk away from it for a short while and regroup

Take your time

Use a mirror and goof flash light so you can get a better view

Remove the cables and then remove both fuse box and Gem.

Why are you replacing the GEM??

OP
OP
Rob White

Rob White

Reaction score
No trick

Just walk away from it for a short while and regroup

Take your time

Use a mirror and goof flash light so you can get a better view

Remove the cables and then remove both fuse box and Gem.

Why are you replacing the GEM??

not replacing it, just pulling it all out to dry out. previous owner just kept stuffing paper towels and bubble wrap to try to keep it dry, it went wacky on me, so i'm pulling it out and a TON of water ran down my arm, and dripping from the fusebox/gem so gonna put it in some rice and dry it out. then go get a new windshield installed. but for the life of me, the bolts won't come out, and the plug won't even budge...smh...my life...LOL

OP
OP
Rob White

Rob White

Reaction score
The bolts don't come out of those two large connectors
Just keep wiggling the connectors
well shit...lol thanks for the info...i thought i saw on a youtube vid they came out...sheesh...lol gonna go mess with it in a bit.

OP
OP
Rob White

Rob White

Reaction score
i ended up replacing the fuse box...it was corroded really bad...half the fuses were stuck in...like couldn't pull out with pliers bad...all back together now, but abs/ airbag lights are on, and 4wd switch won't work...smh...