Any good After market catalytic converters ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris77

Reaction score
Does any one know a good after market catalytic converter brand for California regulationS

OP
OP
Chris77

Chris77

Reaction score
Thx for reply I’m new to this. My mechanic told me eastern cats arnt great. I was looking at benchmark cats, have you ever heard of them.Putting on Driver side of 04 expedition with 5.4

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These say they are Cali and EPA compliant: $337.30 - $353.35

https://www.carid.com/2006-ford-exp...irect-fit-catalytic-converters-380799303.html

"All California State Catalytic converters are CARB compliant. Converters in this catalog are based on Executive Orders issued by the California Air Resource Board and must be used in accordance with this information. In California, it is illegal to select a catalytic converter for installation based solely on vehicle weight and engine size.

The Direct Fit Catalytic Converter is an exact replacement for your stock converter, with an interface at either end that will allow it to be bolted into the exhaust system. No fabrication or modifications are usually required. It’s available in OBD II (On-Board Diagnostics, 2nd Generation), Pre-OBD II, and OEM Grade OBD II configurations. Pre-OBD II is for early vehicles (generally 1995 or older), which were equipped with 2-way, 3-way, or 3-way with air injection converters. Two-way converters oxidize harmful Hydrocarbons (HC) and Carbon Monoxide (CO) along with secondary oxygen into water (H2O) and Carbon Dioxide (CO2). Along with the previously detailed conversion, a 3-way converter also reduces oxides of nitrogen (NOx) into Nitrogen (N2). The 3-way with air injection converter operates the same as a 3-way converter but with the addition of air pumped into the converter to improve the oxidation capabilities.

OBD II converters are for 1995 and newer vehicles and are 3-way converters. OEM Grade OBD II converters are for vehicles registered outside of the state of California, with California spec emissions. More precious metals are applied to the substrate on these converters to further reduce emissions. To determine if this converter is right for your vehicle, find the VECI (Vehicle Emissions Control Information) label in the engine compartment and look for the word “California” on the label.

On vehicles registered outside the state of California, Magnaflow warrants the Direct Fit Catalytic Converter to be free of manufacturer’s defects for a period of 5 years and emissions failure for 25,000 miles. Direct Fit Catalytic Converters on vehicles registered in California carry a 5 year, 50,000 mile warranty against manufacturer’s defects and emissions failure. more details on - https://www.carid.com/2006-ford-exp...irect-fit-catalytic-converters-380799303.html"

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be wary when you order from carid on the time. Over the years they have never delivered a product to me quicker than 7-10 days from order. I stopped ordering from them a while back because I was so sick of the ridiculously slow service. I made the mistake of ordering chrome mirror caps from them recently for them to email me saying they were not capable of fulfilling the order, so I ordered a different set after I had waited about 15 days on the last one for them to tell me this. Still waiting on the new set. I ordered them I think last Friday and they said they won’t be to me until next Wednesday. Whats that 12 days!? For a piece of plastic. I suspect they don’t own a warehouse or stick anything. They have me waiting close to 30 days for a piece of plastic. This has been my experience with them every time I ordered.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to blast the suggestion I’m just simply suggesting to check what they tell you on delivery. They are obviously successful or they wouldn’t be around just letting you know my experience.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be wary when you order from carid on the time. Over the years they have never delivered a product to me quicker than 7-10 days from order. I stopped ordering from them a while back because I was so sick of the ridiculously slow service. I made the mistake of ordering chrome mirror caps from them recently for them to email me saying they were not capable of fulfilling the order, so I ordered a different set after I had waited about 15 days on the last one for them to tell me this. Still waiting on the new set. I ordered them I think last Friday and they said they won’t be to me until next Wednesday. Whats that 12 days!? For a piece of plastic. I suspect they don’t own a warehouse or stick anything. They have me waiting close to 30 days for a piece of plastic. This has been my experience with them every time I ordered.
They dropship a lot of stuff from their manufacturers. We have all be spoiled by 2-day shipping from Amazon. My LED tail lights took about a week and a half to arrive. I would have liked to have had them sooner but it wasn't really that bad a deal.

916hawk

Reaction score
sorry but the above links cannot be shipped to a california address.

Due to California Emissions Restrictions, the performance part(s) in your shopping cart is not legal for sale or use in California and cannot be shipped to the address provided. Please remove the item(s) or change the ship-to address.
The following items are affected:

MagnaFlow® 93126 - Heavy Metal Direct Fit Catalytic Converter
MagnaFlow® 93125 - Heavy Metal Direct Fit Catalytic Converter

We apologize for the inconvenience! more details on - https://www.carid.com/cart.php?mode=checkout&payment=cc

OP
OP
Chris77

Chris77

Reaction score
Has anyone heard or used Benchmark catalytic converters

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry but the above links cannot be shipped to a california address.

Due to California Emissions Restrictions, the performance part(s) in your shopping cart is not legal for sale or use in California and cannot be shipped to the address provided. Please remove the item(s) or change the ship-to address.
The following items are affected:

MagnaFlow® 93126 - Heavy Metal Direct Fit Catalytic Converter
MagnaFlow® 93125 - Heavy Metal Direct Fit Catalytic Converter

We apologize for the inconvenience! more details on - https://www.carid.com/cart.php?mode=checkout&payment=cc
Oh that's a shame. I'm sorry about that it looked like it was okay according to the description.