Anybody else get the peanut butter in oil fill tube?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mlayman89

Reaction score
Iv only had the rig for a week or so, I feel like Iv heard about this issue in my quick lube days but can’t remeber If it’s common or not. I haven’t changed the oil and the sticker says Iv for another 1k miles before due. Oil level is full and oil from the dipstick doesn’t look like peanut Butter only in the fill tub, any suggestions ?

Last edited:

ynpmoose

Reaction score
Not uncommon, and not really anything on concern, especially in cold climates and/or if you take a lot of short trips. It's essentially collected condensate. Long trips where the engine is at full temp for at least 30-60+ minutes will reduce this.

If it starts showing up on the dipstick, oil looks milky, or if coolant level drops and oil level rises without visible external leaks, then you've likely got coolant in the oil, which is a major issue.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What he said. I dd an 06 F-150 and I live less than 2 miles from work. If I don't take it on longer trips once in awhile to warm it up good and proper, I will get that stuff under the fill cap.

Take it on a good long drive and look again.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just another +1, just changed my oil yesterday, dont usually have it but in the winter with the cold it had a bunch of it. Normal.

OP
OP
Mlayman89

Mlayman89

Reaction score
Ok awesome, ya I just drive to to work and back which is only 10 mins. Appreciate the help guys! Now to figure out this loud clicking from that back that goes away after 10mph

Virginia Gentry

Reaction score
And, all your replies, is why I read this Forum. Love the answers seasoned with a little humor. Thank you, guys!

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's condensation in the oil. Everyone here is correct. If you run the truck longer the condensation will burn off.

When I empty the JLT oil separator from my 5.0 Mustang the top is black oil and the bottom 1/8 inch is milky white fluid so I know it's condensation there too.