Are there Any Other Online Resources where I Might be able to Get Some Advice on my 4WD/AWD ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nalajr

Reaction score
Hey all,

Can you all tell me if there are any other places that I can go and ask my question about the AWD system to stop working right after a slight fender bender on the Right Front?

I'm not good at this and am just looking for some help to get my vehicle running as good as I can. I don't have any other vehicles and this one has to last me a while longer.

Would the F150 from 2003 be the same mechanically as my Expedition Eddie Bauer 5.4 as long as it has the same motor and 4WD or AWD system?
If so, do you think it would be helpful to ask in an F150

Any advice where I can go and ask a question or 2 about my 2003 Expedition would be really appreciated.

Please help if you don't care.

Thank You.
Larry

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Expedition has ControlTrac 4WD which is pretty different from the F-150 as far as how the transfer case works, but the rest is similar. It really depends on your problem.

So what is it?

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you still have working ABS & traction control? Perhaps a sensor on that wheel got knocked loose

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow! to come on our website, a first time, kinda states problem, and rather than wait for responses back, states is their somewhere else can I go. Maybe it's just me, but if someone came into my dealership and did this on first visit, I'd be floored! We have some of the best talent repairing Ford vehicles in this Forum, that I've run into in years, but I doubt if anyone's going to reach out to you. Your tag line, and opening paragraphs are hurtful. Good luck to you sir, I hear the Toyota people are nice!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
NOW NOW Moose He's new and he's young

Don't think he meant it as an insult hes just trying to get as much info as he can

Try the Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums there is a section on there dealing with expeditions

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, a 2003 F-150 will not have what you seek, only 2004+ F-150 trucks have the later 4WD and revised vacuum hub system. A 2004+ F-150 will have the same parts as far as the vacuum system and front end actuators, bearings. Look behind your wheel and check to make sure the vacuum hose didn’t get knocked off, happens all the time in a fender bender. nothing attaches the hose to the wheel except the friction of the contact of the two. No clips so it easily can become detached.

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I get cranky on this protein diet I've been on! It's usually you Bedrck that opens up with both barrels! Just seems strange nice or not, he asks, then doesn't. I think I'll hit the Gym later, pounding weights always makes me feel better!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

Nalajr

Reaction score
It's NOT my first time. I've been here for months. Likely over a year.

I still have traction control, the ABS still works too, as far as I can tell. I did notice the other night when I was going down the road on a particularly uneven stretch of interstate here in SE Texas that whenever I would hit a particularly rough spot, the dashboard indicator for the "traction control" would flas on and off. It would come back on, but it did flash and go off for a second.

None of this was happening prior to the accident that I posted about.

I just find it hard to believe that all at once, with no correlation, right after an impact in the front right, I get a "popping" noise in the front right, then immediately after I see that none of my 4WD or AWD control works and it doesn't shift into any of the modes. The light on the dash is good, it lights up when I start it. Then I get this weird thing with the traction control light coming on and off when I hit a rough bump in the road.

I don't know what's going on...obviously. I've checked the fuses and they are all OK. I took ones that I knew were good from neighboring plugs and swapped them to the plugs in question to see if there was any change....there wasn't.

My option now is to get a CV Axle and rent the tools to do the job and find a couple of YouTube videos and try to replace the CV Axle myself and see if that takes care of the "popping" noise at least. I'll be thrilled if I can get that done by myself.

Thanks

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes your not NEW But 22 posts in a little more than 2 years Looks like you are one of the most active members we have

OPPS Meant inactive

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was the work done by a body shop? I would make a trip back there before I did anything myself.