Are these custom or OEM parts??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those are Shade Tree Customs.

Order some Supreme Suspension or PMT arms asap. Or even OEM replacements.

The bolt should be in double shear- not single shear like seen.

juan214

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thats crazy that rear one will wear through especially if there's no bushing or a sleeve welded in it. Days are number on them. Looks like the bolt is just hanging in there. Sway them out soon or you'll be swapping out the truck or rear end.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would be worried what else has been modified? if that was the general level of mechanical competency of the previous owner, you could be in for some very nasty surprises.

briangelc

Reaction score
wow! whats the cost for the actual replacement part? $40 with the bushings pre-installed? if he was willing to go through all the time and trouble to cut steel and measure where to drill the holes, why not just put in the right parts to begin with?? Ford F150 = best selling vehicle of all times. Parts are readily available.
check your truck for more f*(ktard modifications. thats a safety issue with 5000lbs or rolling steel.

OP
OP
Joshua Eachen

Joshua Eachen

Reaction score
I would be worried what else has been modified? if that was the general level of mechanical competency of the previous owner, you could be in for some very nasty surprises.
I am currently completely going through it...on top of engine work I knew about, it's getting brakes all around, upper and lower trailing arms, track bar, shocks ( some of this will probably be taken care of by a lift kit) and a few other small things.
I knew it was in rough shape but I drove it 100 miles home after sitting for a very long time and purchased it for $275 so I'll have a decent winter / hunting rig for a reasonable price done right when I'm done

OP
OP
Joshua Eachen

Joshua Eachen

Reaction score
wow! whats the cost for the actual replacement part? $40 with the bushings pre-installed? if he was willing to go through all the time and trouble to cut steel and measure where to drill the holes, why not just put in the right parts to begin with?? Ford F150 = best selling vehicle of all times. Parts are readily available.
check your truck for more f*(ktard modifications. thats a safety issue with 5000lbs or rolling steel.
I will never understand why people do idiotic dangerous things to save $45... If you can't or won't spend the $ to fix it properly just park it.
It's not hitting the road again for awhile! It's getting a thorough going over and lots of wrench time.

briangelc

Reaction score
ok for $275 thats a good truck. you can afford to correct the shadetree mods. I will admit that if that were just a farm truck or beachmobile I could go along with steel bars for suspension components, but for highway speeds I like my vehicle to be in good condition. Congrats on your new old expy, these are great vehicles to own