bad gas mileage on my expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lacquer thinner in the fuel tank to clean cats??. Just how is burnt fuel and lacquer thinner supposed to clean cats??? I think you got the process wrong. WTF probably kiss the fuel sender/pump good bye along with other seals and components in the fuel system.

Last edited:

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
one code went away i use to have both cat converters below threshold on bank 1 and 2 but bank 2 code went away now its still showing bank 1 is below threshold
PO420/421, cat efficiency below threshold. Your Cat, is working below 97%. Amazing and a waste to have a "bad" converter working at 96%(If plugged you will notice). EBAY, sells Mustang "off road" MIL Eliminators. They plug inline with rear O2 sensors. They trick the computer with the correct voltage, to shut off CEL and pass emission test. They are about $20 and are for "off road" only..wink,wink. DON'T PUT ANYTHING ELSE IN TANK!

rashaunny

Reaction score
PO420/421, cat efficiency below threshold. Your Cat, is working below 97%. Amazing and a waste to have a "bad" converter working at 96%(If plugged you will notice). EBAY, sells Mustang "off road" MIL Eliminators. They plug inline with rear O2 sensors. They trick the computer with the correct voltage, to shut off CEL and pass emission test. They are about $20 and are for "off road" only..wink,wink. DON'T PUT ANYTHING ELSE IN TANK!
Does the Off-road Mil Eliminator increase MPG?