Badlands 9k lbs Winch review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this thing kicks ass. That's all.

$300 - 20% coupon from Harbor Freight.

For ~$250 I can't imagine this thing being beat. The unit (hehe...) feels SOLID; every part feels like quality construction. I even picked up a wireless remote for it $40 - 20% coupon.

I'll grab vids and whatnot as I try to get myself stuck in my back yard within the next couple of days. So far it's quiet, and does what its supposed to do.

My only complaint is - the wire clamp (metal chuck that holds the wire into a loop) is a LITTLE too thick (thats what SHE said) for the fairlead - so I have to sorta work-it free when extending the cable.

cheapjeep

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had the Badlands 3500# winch on my quad for three years now without a problem. I use the hell out of it especially in winter plowing snow.I also have the radio remote and it works great except for about a 1 sec delay in the functions so just watch when tightening up the hook to your fairlead. Also I noticed the remote port on mine is always live whether the key is on or not. I got a little worried about that because I'd bet those remotes are all the same frequency or at least only a few different ones. I go on a lot of atv runs so I installed a disarm switch to turn the winch off no matter what. I have my radio hardwired in and don't even take the wired remote along anymore so I don't want another remote activating my winch. Anyways something to check out buddy.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
harbor freight is my new favorite store and only 10 mins away from me...makes me feel like a man...lol...going in there is like going into Walmart for me...go in for 1 thing and come out with 10...lol

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the price the 12000 lb winch with the synthetic rope is great

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360