Battery change over for my /13 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fothco

Reaction score
Seems RV Season is hard on Battery Life ; killed it 3 times . Motorcraft MK BXT - 65 - 650 in this SUV . Any ideas on a better Battery ? How about prices ? Seems Ford Batteries are >$500.00 Can .
Are Costco Batteries better ? Come-on... bwf

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
650 cca? Our trucks require minimum 850cca (check your owners manual). When I bought my truck it had a 650 battery in it, it would need a jump if I left my lights on for more than 5 minutes without running the engine.

Bought a interstate battery from Costco last year, 850cca for $94 or $104... no issues since then. Easy swap too all u need is an 8mm & 10mm socket, extension and obviously a ratchet.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seems RV Season is hard on Battery Life ; killed it 3 times . Motorcraft MK BXT - 65 - 650 in this SUV . Any ideas on a better Battery ? How about prices ? Seems Ford Batteries are >$500.00 Can .

Walmart. Like $39 (US) or something. Bought it last year, still works.

13 is still Triton 5.4, right?

Also, I *think* there was a twin-battery rig in one of the options packages...maybe find the mounts and wiring from salvage somewhere, get two basic Walmart batteries rigged up, and call it problem solved forever?

Last edited:

theoldwizard1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seems RV Season is hard on Battery Life ; killed it 3 times . Motorcraft MK BXT - 65 - 650 in this SUV .

Capture.JPG

This a BCI Group 65 battery with 650 CCA. From page 364 of the 2013 Ford Expedition owners manual.

As stated there are 3 different CCA rating for Group 65 batteries, 650, 750 and 850

Capture2.JPG

I won't say they are better, but I have never found one cheaper and they usually have the HIGHEST CCA available for the size.

Last edited:

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those Motorcraft batteries are garbage. The one that came w/ my truck (bought used) was less than 2 years old when I replaced it. It was only pushing out ~430 CCA on a full charge. I replaced it with an AutoCraft Gold (made by Johnson Controls). 850 CCA and 2.5 hours reserve capacity. Love these batteries and have been using them for years. You can get 30% ($47.40) off with coupon code SCW417.

* Advance Auto is also offering a $40 reward to Speed Perks members (free membership) for purchase of an AutoCraft Gold battery.

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those Motorcraft batteries are garbage. The one that came w/ my truck (bought used) was less than 2 years old when I replaced it. It was only pushing out ~430 CCA on a full charge. I replaced it with an AutoCraft Gold (made by Johnson Controls). 850 CCA and 2.5 hours reserve capacity. Love these batteries and have been using them for years. You can get 30% ($47.40) off with coupon code SCW417.
I used to work for JCI (Johnson Controls Inc.) in their Building Efficiency division. JCI makes 80% of the batteries on the market in the US under about 20 different brand names.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I work in the BE division right now! Small world.
I was with York International (1994 to 2006), JCI purchased us in 2004 or 2005, I don't remember anymore. I left in 2006 when my position was downsized. We moved from Norman OK, to Fort Wayne IN and I became Director of Marketing for WaterFurnance International.

Jacob Sorlie

Reaction score
I was with York International (1994 to 2006), JCI purchased us in 2004 or 2005, I don't remember anymore. I left in 2006 when my position was downsized. We moved from Norman OK, to Fort Wayne IN and I became Director of Marketing for WaterFurnance International.
Oh cool, I started about 3.5 years ago in a UPG branch dealing directly with the Norman facility. Now I work in one of the main service branches and hopefully soon will be moving into an engineering position on the systems side of JCI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luketravis