Battery change over for my /13 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
"RV season" should have nothing to do with it if you have standard OEM trailer hookup which shuts off with the ignition. If someone cobbled trailer wiring together the connection could be hot all the time and my RV refrigerator will continue to run on 12vDC as long as it's available. Can drain the battery quickly.

-- Chuck

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Walmart. Like $39 (US) or something. Bought it last year, still works.

13 is still Triton 5.4, right?

Also, I *think* there was a twin-battery rig in one of the options packages...maybe find the mounts and wiring from salvage somewhere, get two basic Walmart batteries rigged up, and call it problem solved forever?

Doesn't your RV have a separate cabin battery? I had a 31' Minnie Winnie that the previous owner had installed two auto batteries for cabin power. They don't last (car batteries are not made to supply power for extended periods of time, they are made to supply a huge current flow for a few seconds, then sit idle; i.e.; starting the engine). Those batteries would die overnight under even a reduced electrical use.

I replaced them with two deep cycle marine batteries, which are made to supply current over extended periods.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-cycle_battery

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seems RV Season is hard on Battery Life ; killed it 3 times . Motorcraft MK BXT - 65 - 650 in this SUV . Any ideas on a better Battery ? How about prices ? Seems Ford Batteries are >$500.00 Can .
Are Costco Batteries better ? Come-on... bwf

I replaced the battery on my 03 expy about 4 years ago and it is still fine. I think is was about $100 after one of their discounts. I got it at Advance Auto and they even installed it for free.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I always try to get the highest rated CCA battery that will fit in the battery box. When I had to replace the battery in my 2013 Mustang GT, I was able to get a size larger which added over 100CCA to the capacity. It only cost $10 more but gave me some more piece of mind.