Battery Insulation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drjeff

Reaction score
Why did the dealer leave the battery insulation in place when delivering my 2018 Expedition in AZ? I would think the last thing you would want in AZ is the battery to heat up without the ability to dissipate that heat.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Battery insulation keeps the engine heat away from the battery.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why did the dealer leave the battery insulation in place when delivering my 2018 Expedition in AZ? I would think the last thing you would want in AZ is the battery to heat up without the ability to dissipate that heat.
are you a real DR?

OP
OP
D

drjeff

Reaction score
Yes, but does that help explain the insulation around the battery?

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Insulation keeps things hot and keeps things cold. It’s a thermal barrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

drjeff

Reaction score
Thank you for explaining the concept of insulation. LOL The reason I asked this question is that when I relocated to AZ with my previous Expedition, I was told when replacing my battery the insulation will cause a battery to fail sooner in the AZ heat but last longer in the cold North.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Batteries do have shorter lives in dry desert heat, but that’s a function of the climate. The heat eats tires, alternators, and batteries, and interiors. A quality battery will last you 3-4 years. I’d rather buy batteries than deal with rust any day of the week.

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In Arizona it’s typically 2 years. I’ve been able to replace my Ford batteries under warranty for years. I wish they would last longer but it’s typical for our heat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni