Best Oil for oil change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AC Molina

Reaction score
Have a 2008 Ford Expedition that has over 250,000 miles. Noticed small oil leak, what is the best product to buy to help when i do my oil change. Use pennzoil high mileage 5/20 weight and Slick 50 recharged high mileage engine treatment?

Any other products recommended. Recently had my tune up about 6 months ago, not sure if mechanic placed the gasket back right, hope he did and just needs treatment of some kind.

Thanks in advance
AC Molina

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where is the leak? Valve cover? Pan? If it’s leaking he probably didn’t get a good new gasket if it’s replaced it shouldn’t leak. Advice, don’t ever switch back from high mileage oil after you go to it, it expands your seals and if you go back to regular they can shrink and leak.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I concur, don't change horses in middle of stream. Also don't recommend any additives they can cause more harm than help. Use a Ford or quality oil filter with drain back valve. Oem Ford works as good as any. Keep it changed often, every 5k is advised, clean oil is always best bet for long engine life.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk