Best Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i use non synthetic.... never had a problem change my oil about every 5-6k miles

OP
OP
Explor2Exped

Explor2Exped

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i use non synthetic.... never had a problem change my oil about every 5-6k miles

The guys at the auto store were all like, "Ya have to get Synthetic, it makes a big difference. You'll accelerate better & get more mpg's."

I dunno if all that is true or their just trying to sell the product...

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some guys swear by synthetic and others dont. My understanding is if you have used synthetic from day one on the engine it is best to stay with it. You might just want a high mileage oil.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
non synthetic.... but last time I was there the synthetic was getting cheap too... also sometimes you can find walmart's high mileage motor oil... have used that too...

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just use regular (non-synthetic) oil in the weight recommended by Ford. Just make sure the oil has symbols on the bottle showing it meets SAE and API standards (which pretty much everything should).

Don't waste your money on the more expensive stuff...you are just paying for marketing.

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know they are all pretty much manufactured by like 3 companies... so even cheap shit is the same as good stuff, now I agree there are different synthetics, but watch bob the oil guy - maybe synthetic isn't better... just saying - watch it climb - oh ya it doesn't... so is that better? these things are supposed to run dino oil - just keep er clean and change it often - oh ya you bought an expy for mileage? LOL

You read my mind. There are all made by the same few companies just advertised diferently

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
+1 on not buying in to marketing hype.

I have found that all my vehicles perform the same with the cheap oil. I have paid big bucks for Royal Purple, Mobil 1, and Amsoil. I use the Rotella in all my vehicles and even my motorcycle likes it, with it's wet clutch. I will continue to use the Rotella.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i am a synthetic personi have it in my car and my expy my broncos get castrol gtx 10w40 though. i have noticed castrol does do a good job of cleaning the inside of em up. i randomly get to tear my 83 motor apart and i have noticed that after switching her to castrol she does actually seem cleaner. i am a diesel fanatic and i have seen alot of different independent studdies including clubs record mpg increases with amsoil though but they said you need to run it in everything to get any significant increase but they said there is a deff increase. oil tran rearend etc. i just cant afford it yet lol. and now the expy has not been driven much because of all the front end problems and lack of money

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i run synthetic Mobil 1 or Pennzoil in all my trucks, running 5-20 for over 10k miles. i change every 5-8k. motorcraft or K&N oil filters.