Best Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a little 411 on oil, take 5w20, the 5 represents the winter weight of the oil, the W does actually stand for Winter, not weight, the 20 represents the summer weight. The lighter the weight as recommended by the manufacturer the better, the engine does not have to work as hard, it does benefit gas mileage (not much), unless you have an oil consumption issue you really should go with the recommended weight, the high mileage really does help with consumption as well, but even with over 202k on my truck I only use about 1/2 quart of oil between oil changes, which I change at 3k mile intervals. I change alot of oil on alot of different types of cars and trucks, so I have to have a good bit of knowledge, I know that the 97-99 require 5w30, 00-11 is 5w20 I believe. *** cars are now using a 0w20. I actually use a semi-synthetic blend of oil btw.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the 0w-20 stuff sounds pretty cool but I wouldnt use it in an expy

Idahokid

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got back from the Ford dealer and he had a chart that said 5w-20.There is also a technical letter listing all the Ford cars that should be using the 5w-20 instead of the 5w-30 that the manual says.I will try and post it.

JTKustoms

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I use valvoline premium conventional 10W-30 with a motorcraft filter

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I switched to mobil1 and love it. The engine got quieter since I changed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Idahokid

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought some Quaker state defy synthethic blend.I'm a bit worried about the seal sweller that is in it.May take it back.Or maybe it's not a big deal.