--Best tires--

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fmf351

Reaction score
toyo open country idk the size except for about 33-11.5-17 or around that - they are quiet and over steep gravel not even an inch of slip- the cost sucks out in az but they should give out a good life

Last edited:

Spooky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Running the Firestone Destination AT's right now and love them. We recently had 22" of snow and the Expedition had no issues chewing up the snow. I never lost traction and they even gripped good in the ice and rain. As long as I get decent wear out of them, I'll probably get them again.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe it's just my tires and the oily so cal roads, but whenever it rains my tires can't get traction at anything over 50% throttle. Anyone else have this problem? My tires were expensive so I thought they would do better.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not unless I give it lots of throttle will it do that. Then again, I have the undersized engine :(

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah in a way it's kind of fun because it makes the truck feel like it has a lot more power then it really does. Although it doesn't get traction with the pedal only half way down i think it does a good job of staying in a straight line

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hmmmm go big and drop knobby rubber, love my super swampers, soulds like a tank going down road though

seeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put a set of Toyo open road ht tires on my wife's suv last year. Fabulous rain tire, great road/highway tires. Have 15k on them and they look brand new. Just went skiing this week and they gripped snow slush gravel and any thing else with no slip. I plan to put these on my 2002 expedition in a couple of weeks. Not a negative thing to say about them.

mmrseed

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love the look (and relative quiet) of the bfg a/t's but I am surprised that I actually hydroplaned on them while driving my expy....not fun that high off the ground....still the only tire I'll ever use

Cousin Eddie

Reaction score
I am on my third set of shoes.... I had the Continental Junktitrac as the oem set...absolute junk...
My second set were the BF Goodrich All Terrain Ko....Load range C
up to 25k miles, they were superb tires. One of the best all around all terrains I ever owned...esp in the dirt and mud. I rotated them every other oil change (6k) After about 25k they were horrid on the road. They would pull to one side. They would never balance....I was told later by a professional that they were probably "out of round" I was also told that the load range c were not up to the towing that i was asking them to do...which probably contributed to the tires not lasting very long.

I have just slapped a set of the Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain Silent Armor
I have about 12k on them now...They use Kevlar in the sidewall to help with the road noise.....I can tell you IT WORKS. These are by far the quietest all terrain type tire I have heard on a truck. The tread loosely resembles a cross between the BFG's ATs and The Older Goodyear MTR. They are somewhat agressive, but not by any means knarly. They sound at 70mph, what my new BFG's sounded like at 40mph. After 2 rotations, the road noise has gone up only slightly. They are wearing extremely well. They were superb in the snow. They were nowhere near the caliber of dedicated winter tires, but you could always easily predict where the limits of traction were....there were no surprises.
These came with a load range E rating...they have a max psi of 85lbs...I only put it to 50 when towing, normal everyday driving is 35lbs.
As far as offroad....I couldn't tell you, Yet. I am not afraid to get the Ol Eddie Bauer dirty, I just haven't had the chance as of yet. I do plan on doing some camping, that almost always calls for some mud and dirt romping....I well surely keep all interested posted when I get the chance on how they perform.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360