Better bulbs for Anzo Projectors - 35w HIDs? Or LED?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone got personal experiences to share?

Love the look of the Anzos but the sad puny halogen bulbs gotta go asap...

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
The Anzo projectors are not designed for hid or led so your output could get worse and cause glare. I personally would not recommend installing either without doing a proper projector retrofit to the anzo or stock housing first

Reaction score
The Anzo projectors are not designed for hid or led so your output could get worse and cause glare. I personally would not recommend installing either without doing a proper projector retrofit to the anzo or stock housing first

Seconded. Those projectors are terrible. You can do a temporary job with either HID or LED, but change those projectors out ASAP if you are wanting something for the long run.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whats wrong with it? Its a projector with a cutoff, is it not??

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
We're talking about bulbs that spread light in different places in the projector bowl than a halogen does. Anyone that understands how a projector works understands the affect that has on the "cut off" and glare. You'll have a shit cutoff or no cutoff at all

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
35w HID installed.

Night and day difference. Clear cutoff line. No hot spots no glare no color separation.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Used a 35w 6000K kit from Amazon by Innova afair...

Boots up no delay no color change. Doesn't flicker doesn't change color temp as it boots up. Classic long throw does the usual HID stuff - illuminates reflecting signs 10+ blocks away, emphasizes lane markers as far as the eye can see, etc.

Next time 5000K would be an even better color temp, but for 40 bucks (33 of em in amazon points) and free same day delivery (5000k had a wait)....
Anzo owners can get 90+% of the way to stock BMW xenon illumination levels cheaply and efficiently

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Used a 35w 6000K kit from Amazon by Innova afair...

Boots up no delay no color change. Doesn't flicker doesn't change color temp as it boots up. Classic long throw does the usual HID stuff - illuminates reflecting signs 10+ blocks away, emphasizes lane markers as far as the eye can see, etc.

Next time 5000K would be an even better color temp, but for 40 bucks (33 of em in amazon points) and free same day delivery (5000k had a wait)....
Anzo owners can get 90+% of the way to stock BMW xenon illumination levels cheaply and efficiently

1. Its hid so you do have warm up time! Nature of the beast
2. During warm up They do change colors! Also nature of the beast
3. You need a hot spot! Thats how you get the distance but it needs to be placed in the correct spot by tuning the bulb.

I'm patiently awaiting output shots because your saying things I've never seen a professional retrofitter say about any anzo housing/projector

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not my first HIDs, I have factory stock bimmer bixenons in my 335 to compare with... doubt those would be the best ever made, but know for sure they aren't bottom of the barrel

Delay varies greatly depending on ballast, with some Amazon reviews of cheapie kits complaining power up takes 8 - 30 seconds (now that's some serious delay delay)....this one is so brief as to be unnoticeable, fraction of a second "delay" I guess

No flicker, no visible color/brightness "crescendo" effect on powerup.

Hot spots are hot spots. Truck does NOT look like it should have rural Arizona plates (if you've been you'll know what I mean)

Standing in front of truck, cutoff is a well defined line across torso, with no glare in eyes

In traffic behind cars, cutoff is usually clearly splayed across their trunk lid

High beam flashing? Total non-issue....especially vs my bimmer, which despite being stock and properly adjusted gets flashes from every other car in many areas