Better bulbs for Anzo Projectors - 35w HIDs? Or LED?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks (again) EAndy,

This should be a sticky or a "How to". I will investigate your suggestion. My brights are fine, but the low beams leave a bit to be desired. I will keep any progress posted for others to use. Thanks for the direction.
I should get some good pictures and start a new how to thread, then we can ask the moderator to make it sticky.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at the website for XenonHID.com, there is a drop down box for power relay harness/anti flicker and capacitors. Would I need those as well??
You shouldn't need the anti-flicker if you get the Galaxy ballast because it's built in. I didn't use the Relay Harness kit because I felt the wiring would be adequate for HIDs. They say that the HIDs draw more current when they fire off but it is momentary and ballast draws very little current once the lights are on.

I should add that the Expedition doesn't use a Canbus system so even if you don't use the galaxy ballast you should not need the warning cancellers and capacitors.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Once again, Thanks. I will order this today and hope to put it in next weekend. Always looking for another "upgrade" to do. I did replace all the interior lights with LED and have ordered a back-up projector LED for the rear.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It only took me about 30 minutes per side. If I had to do over again I would see if I could avoid cutting the rubber dust cover and run the wires and plugs through the rectangular hole that I cut. I think it would be cleaner that way. I might still do it but I would have to buy new dust covers.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will keep that in mind when I do my new lamps. I cant visualize what you are referring to, but when I get into it, I am sure I will. If there is enough space in the dust cover to route the wire harness, I will attempt that. For me, dust is a major electrical and mechanical killer in my part of the West, so cutting additional holes in the dust cover is not a good option.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking at the website for XenonHID.com, there is a drop down box for power relay harness/anti flicker and capacitors. Would I need those as well??

Not really.

I get some weird flicker in one odd combo that I never use (headlights to DRL only, fog lights on I think?), otherwise nothing. Instant on instant off, fast enough it can be used to double-click your way thru LA traffic lights without using highbeams, just flashing off/on/off/on.

My highbeams ain't even wired up or don't work, dunno, might be a broken wire somewhere. Two pulls on the stalk instead give me the off/on/off/on effect without flicking around the rotary switch, and it works well enough

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Once again, Thanks. I will order this today and hope to put it in next weekend. Always looking for another "upgrade" to do. I did replace all the interior lights with LED and have ordered a back-up projector LED for the rear.

Which backup projector did you get?

Really need something too, jinxed myself asking about it on forum last week

Immediately afterwards, put a microscopic dent into some illegally parked Uber sedan backing up a few days ago... didnt even crack or transfer the paint.... but I went and did the "right" thing anyway, found the owner, tried to be nice and offer to pay repairs in cash so he doesn't waste work time on insurance adjustment (it's just a Toyota fender and paintmatch, few hundred bucks tops) and hinted he might want to get a $50 dent pull job and pocket the difference (or - left unsaid, of course - even pocket it, and them claim to insurance he just found it that way in the morning anyway)

instead scumbag is trying to extort me for $2600 lol. Estimate for front drivers side fender that includes a FUEL DOOR among a list of other totally brazen and off the wall items, lol.

******* balls on some people.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is what I got from Amazon. They are coming from China and are taking for freakin' ever to be delivered. There are many choices for the replacement bulbs. These have projector ends and are ideal for back-up lighting.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009J3L4RM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Glad you did the right thing and finding the driver... Some people feel entitled to extort others for more money. You say "******* Balls". I see it as him having NO balls what so ever. Balls=Honor in my book. You hold the honor, now he holds YOUR balls...

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey now, hands of my down there...

I gave him my info and stuff, and wrote him an IOU for a replacement fender if he doesn't want to waste time with insurance.

Furthermore, of course got pictures that show tiny localized damage only.

And communicated by text, so I have records of the bull he's trying to pull.

I don't need or want a penny accident from a parking lot bump on my insurance, but I ain't violated anything, and there is NO requirement to report anything to DMV or insurance for cheap minor property damage to an unoccupied parked vehicle... first search results for "Toyota camry painted fender" cough up 10 sources $199 - 350 in google, and whatever is or isn't wrong with his fuel door is frankly not my problem

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bretbrat