Better bulbs for Anzo Projectors - 35w HIDs? Or LED?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I got from Amazon. They are coming from China and are taking for freakin' ever to be delivered. There are many choices for the replacement bulbs. These have projector ends and are ideal for back-up lighting.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009J3L4RM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had LED tail lights on my 09 Mercedes ML350 I'm still on the fence whether or not I'd see any benefit to changing to LEDs. The one that is cool is the one that is white for parking/driving lights but flashes yellow when you put on the turn signals. I am just confused as to what to look for in LED Bulbs to insure that I get the same level of brightness as the standard filiment bulbs.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
we need some stealthy back up lights that are BRIGHT . our stock set up is less than great imo

i had thought about a set of wide bar led off road lights that would drop down from under the rear valance when reverse and lights are on.

or sliding the roof rack bar all the way back and hanging a slim set on the bar between the roof and the bar.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These LED back-up lights are supposed to be much brighter and more focused than the OEMs. We will see. If they ever clear customs...
That's weird because the link shows them as Amazon Prime and says I can have them by Thursday if I order in the next 19 hours.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have Amazon Prime. Maybe I should? Sure would pay for itself in waiting time! Go figure...:emotions133:
I think it's up to $99 a year now but I save that many times over by not having to pay for shipping. It comes with free two-day shipping, movie rentals and some free ebooks each month.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had LED tail lights on my 09 Mercedes ML350 I'm still on the fence whether or not I'd see any benefit to changing to LEDs. The one that is cool is the one that is white for parking/driving lights but flashes yellow when you put on the turn signals. I am just confused as to what to look for in LED Bulbs to insure that I get the same level of brightness as the standard filiment bulbs.

Same level = undesirable

Much much muuuuch higher level of brightness is the aim.

My '11 bmw 3 series led taillights pretty much cast red onto the entire street's white garage doors and mailboxes if you hit the unlock key on the fob... that sort of thing is what you want from LED.

Come to think of it, I should probably research what's in there.... then again, that's a big, widely spaced array of like 5x5 or 6x6 diodes, not sure if the same bright chips can be densely populated into any old random lightbar-type thingie....

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have Amazon Prime. Maybe I should? Sure would pay for itself in waiting time! Go figure...:emotions133:

It sucks you in... you end up spending tons of money. And still often having to pay for upgrade shipping.

Also, they use independent contractors for the deliveries sometimes, and those guys will JACK you...I had a two day parcel "take" 30 days, then get marked delivered --- yet, strangely, no parcel.... and no clear mechanism to get my **** or my 35 bucks back

Should've thought long and hard before ordering a premium car charger, pack of USB cords, and car phone mount thru a service that hires pizza boys and Uber drivers to deliver....lol.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
  1. That's weird because the link shows them as Amazon Prime and says I can have them by Thursday if I order in the next 19 hours.

You can order the same item (same-same or, sometimes, "same") from multiple sources all thru Amazon... like I needed the wheel center circle thingies with the logos for my bimmer, and that came with like 5 options all listed as same item --- $65 rush from dealership, $18 shipped from Canada 3-5 weeks, $4.50 shipped from China 2-3 months....reviews said China ones were fake and hella dodgy

Went with Canada, took several weeks, but no issues looks convincing enough... marked made in Italy or some weird off the wall place like that, though