Better bulbs for Anzo Projectors - 35w HIDs? Or LED?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally got it installed after some frustration. It was not plug and play for me as the connectors are laid out with the clips. I had to reverse polarity from the factory harness to the ballast. I figured it had to be something simple so I did not swear or raise my voice at all. I am good to go. I did cut out the rectangular taped section with a dremel tool and it makes it look somewhat neater.

Again Andy, thanks for your help.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got it installed after some frustration. It was not plug and play for me as the connectors are laid out with the clips. I had to reverse polarity from the factory harness to the ballast. I figured it had to be something simple so I did not swear or raise my voice at all. I am good to go. I did cut out the rectangular taped section with a dremel tool and it makes it look somewhat neater.

Again Andy, thanks for your help.
Okay great, I forgot about the having to reverse the polarity. Sorry about that. It was easy I just reversed the factory connect that came from the housing and went to the ballast.

You will really like them when you go for a drive tonight.

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Drove into town tonight (40 mile round trip up and over a mountain pass) and I must say... The HID lights make a HUGE difference. I am very happy to have made the conversion choice. They are not offensive to oncoming traffic and light reflective signs up perhaps a thousand feet down the road. My direct path is flooded with light with the cut offs very obvious. I would encourage any Expedition owner to think about this conversion.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I eat crow on this one... These LEDs DO NOT FIT either the base or the lens orifice. Mind you I will only eat crow served Jamaican style with Jerk seasoning! Sorry about that. Back to the drawing board on better back up lighting.

One man's dove is another man's pidgeon

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ain't it the truth!! I have been shooting an invasive specie of Ring Neck Doves around my area for a year now. Great sport!
we have rock doves and ring necks here, they crack me up at the feeders, really timid towards other birds....but let a dove walk up and they get nasty with the new dove

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made my modifications to my HID installation over the weekend. I ran all of my connections out the hole I made in the housing. I think it looks a lot better.
IMG_5284.JPG
IMG_5285.JPG

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score