BFGOODRICH rugged terrain T/A's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
good? bad? worthless? waste of rubber? what you guys think of those? im considering them seeing as i talked to one guy and found out the wranglers i wanted are worth shit and wear out in like 20,000 miles.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
they just came out with a new design. so idk about them. get the falkens dude!

OP
OP
Big Red Monster

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i dont want falkens or any other brand Im stubborn lol. I only want either BFGOODRICH or nittos. maybe mickey thompson if the price is right lol. i heard alot of good about those bfgs and i heard alot of bad but the bad is mainly from people with 3500 chevys and dodges
so idk what to do

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah i was too. but then i realized that bfg isnt all the best! price is always too high! and ive never herd anything bad about the duratracs. have friends who race desert with them. still look new. so just a thought.

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ummm there are many BFG products that rate highly or best in their class ATs Mud-terrains, and other street tires.... though ones like the Long Trail T/A are worthless.... Panda I hate falkens. And monster I am with you. Stuck in my ways. All vehicles must have either BFG or Michelin (perhaps nitto, though I dont have much experience with em) Honestly I would get the LTX MS2, and if you want more offroad traction on a street truck LTX AT2s the MS2s are some of the greatest handling, riding, and quietest tires I have ever run or been experienced with.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
dont get me wrong i love my bfgs. they are great tires. but i want to upgrade to a different tire. and nothing wrong with the falkens. lots of people run them in the desert too. theres even several off road teams being sponcered by them now.

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
My brother has been running the Rugged trails on his Sportrac for ages and loves them.
He's on his second set with 150k on the clock. His first set were part of the free factory replacement program when the Firestone debacle happened.

If you want something slightly more highway oriented than the BFG All terrains, then I say go for it.

OP
OP
Big Red Monster

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im not looking at the rugged trail though, im looking at the rugged terrain, thats their new tire. i know alot of people like the duratracs panda but from the guys I been talking to with expeditions and F250s they all say the same thing they are wearing out quickly if most of ur driving is on road, and around here some roads are real ******. I want like an offorad tire but i would like it to handle well on the street so im looking at either the rugged terrains the all terrains or the mud terrain KM2. (yes i know thats not a good street tire but I dont care it looks cool lol)

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it was me and your looking at bfg's i would just get tread wright bfg's you can get them all 4 tires shipped for about $500. When I get new tires for my f150 I am grabbing some tread wrights

OP
OP
Big Red Monster

Big Red Monster

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no retreads is all Im gonna say. Im not worried to much about the price id rather pay 1100 for tires and not 500 bucks. in past experience i learned specially with tires you get what you pay for.