Billet grill and Ford emblem...Taurus wings installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

I purchased a billet grill and am not sure if my emblem on my stock 00 4x4 Expedition will fit the billet. Iv also seen pictures of someone putting the Taurus wings on the billet grill and they explained how to install that although dont state if they actually used the stock Ford emblem, bought a different one or used the one off the Taurus. Can anyone tell me and maybe give me some more tricks or hints on an easier way then cutting screws and apoxying them on the back of the Taurus wings for installation on the billet? And what emblem (ford) would be best to use on the billet with the wings? THANKS

OP
OP
G

I was looking on the performance products web site and they show a billet grille emblem. You can go to about any body shop and they will have two sided moulding tape. Thats what we us to reattach emblems, mouldings, etc. with.

idgcorp

Reaction score
It is the stock Ford emblem from the front of a 2k3 Taurus. Double sided tape will not work because the surface around the emblem/wings is only 1/8" wide, no surface to put tape on.

---------------------------------------
Customized '99 Eddie Bauer 5.4L
pics @ http://www.cardomain.com/id/idgcorp2

Reaction score
idgcorp, your ride is sweet man. Very Clean.

I want to do my dvd system like you did yours. With the monitors in the back of the seat. Was it difficult to mount them in the seats? Where did you mount the dvd player? I was thinking about mounting in the console opposite the dvd changer. That way the kids wont be able to change out the cd whenever they want. My kids will screw the cds up.

I like the grill too. So is the ford emblem with the chrome accent piece just stuck on the grill? If so, how's it holding up?

Again, sweet ride.