Bilstein 5100 shock install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eugene11

Reaction score
Yes you read that right. The reasoning is because #1 I already had the kit and #2 I wanted to have 2 inches vs 1.75 inches. Very minimal difference I agree but it’s just something I chose to do.

Next time I just wouldn’t buy the 2” kit all together.
Thanks! Do you experience any problems with front upper control arms hitting coils at lowest wheel drop with that setup?

OP
OP
L

landryK

Reaction score
The repeated bouncing is symptom of shocks needing replacement. Sounds like the fronts were worn out.
Yes, I agree. Unfortunately the Monroe shocks I bought were brand new and maybe had 1,000 miles on them. Not good ride quality at all in my opinion. Waste of money
Thanks! Do you experience any problems with front upper control arms hitting coils at lowest wheel drop with that setup?
yhere hasn’t been any problems with the new setup, I’ve driven it maybe 1-2k miles now. But the truck stays on pavement. Not sure about a full droop situation.