Blinkers working intermittently or not at all

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeD

Reaction score
He stated his blinkers working intermittently or not at all. Michael, try wiggling the wires at the multi-switch, and the relay. If you live in a climate where you get humidity or heavy rain, it's possible it's a dirty/rusty connection going to one of the plugs involving your signals. Also check the fuse connection for turn signal/ flasher. Mine is fuse 23 a 10 amp inside drivers fuse box. Check your owners book if it's same location. Your problem could be intermittent due to the connection could be reconnecting after going over a bump. Let us know what you find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im trying to get him to say if its fully dead now.

Mine is so intermittent, you cant troubleshoot. My issue happens but cant duplicate in the driveway or some place safe.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look at diagram 09-01 at the two wires connecting the indicator flasher relay with the multifunction switch. One is light blue and the other white with red stripe. The light blue is what powers the turn signals. That is the wire to concentrate on if the hazards work and the turn signals don't.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I understand. Intermittent electrical issues are the worst to diagnose. You may want to copy the PDF that Stamp sent, and start checking wires, relays, fuses, to hopefully get yours diagnosed.

JoeD

Reaction score
I understand. Intermittent electrical issues are the worst to diagnose. You may want to copy the PDF that Stamp sent, and start checking wires, relays, fuses, to hopefully get yours diagnosed.

I just saved them

Thanks Stamp

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Troubleshooting this is fairly easy since it is straightforward "old school". You use the test light on the wire/connector in question farthest from the battery. At this point you have no light, keep checking connections on that circuit while moving towards the battery. Eventually you will find power. Then the problem is just prior to the last connector that was checked.

In your case pin 4 of the mfs, no power then check pin 44 of the flasher relay and so on.

JoeD

Reaction score
One thing I havent tried is to see if the hazards are affected, that I can do anywhere

reidar

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My '04 just started this too after our trip from UT to San Diego CA.
One thing I did notice, blinkers are fine when the lights are out. With them on, my left side does not work at all. Hazards even work with the lights off. I think I have a bulb issue, which may not be the case with yours. But see if they work with your lights off.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yours could be as easy as moisture got into one of the sockets, causing an issue with the power or ground to that bulb. In reality it's probably more difficult than that, but you never know.

DKDNU

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem with my '01, although they hardly work at all anymore. The hazards work though, strangely enough, I'm stumped.
I'm having the same problem with my 03 Exped. The signal will come on and go out but the flashers work fine. Has anyone figured this out yet?