Blower not working on high fan speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Aggiesrok

Aggiesrok

Reaction score
Doubt there are any additional codes that would show up on a generic scan since the EATC can run diagnostics and return codes.
When you checked the fuses did you also check to see if they were getting power?
No I just checked that they were not blown. I'll check that next. The supposedly correct blower resistor will be here tomorrow. I replaced the pigtail when I replaced the resistor and they both had a small slightly melted area on them. The new pigtail came with crimp-ons, I may go back and solder those instead.

thesavo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like with EATC they call it a blower speed controller model.
This is from 2013 but is also the same on 2011 diagrams.68a0eba1ba29f29261076bba053eb0a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Aggiesrok

Aggiesrok

Reaction score
Looking at the diagram, it's the yellow-blue wire that was a little melted. I should check it from the motor speed control to the blower motor.

OP
OP
Aggiesrok

Aggiesrok

Reaction score
Thanks again for the diagrams.
Ok so a little progress - got the correct speed control module (other eatc w/ digital settings) and the fan works on all speeds, but still only hot air. Reset EATC and got no codes.

OP
OP
Aggiesrok

Aggiesrok

Reaction score
Hot air everywhere. The AC clutch is not engaging. The air gap is .020, so I should unplug at the clutch and check for voltage with key on, AC on? If that's good then I should replace the AC clutch?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes check for voltage at the plug and also the amount of resistance in the coil for the ac clutch.
It is a roll of the dice with replacing just the clutch. Usually they fail with many hours of run time. You risk damaging the compressor seal during the change over.