Blower not working on high fan speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the battery junction box check fuse 30 (10amp) for power on each test point. Fuse is hot at all times. This feeds power to the ac clutch relay.
How are you reading wiring diagrams? If you are ok with them, send me an email address.

OP
OP
Aggiesrok

Aggiesrok

Reaction score
I get 3.8 ohms on the coil. I can read them, i'll send an email address.
12.6 volts at 30 and fuse good

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Voltage on both sides of the fuse indicates the ac relay isn't getting the signal to "close". The resistance on the coil shows that it isn't "open" and will engage the clutch when power is applied.
You can pull the relay, jump 3 to 5 with a jumper wire that will handle the 10a and test the compressor clutch operation with the engine running.

Also check fuse F79 10a in the battery junction box and charging voltage at the battery posts with the engine running at idle.

OP
OP
Aggiesrok

Aggiesrok

Reaction score
Voltage on both sides of the fuse indicates the ac relay isn't getting the signal to "close". The resistance on the coil shows that it isn't "open" and will engage the clutch when power is applied.
You can pull the relay, jump 3 to 5 with a jumper wire that will handle the 10a and test the compressor clutch operation with the engine running.

Also check fuse F79 10a in the battery junction box and charging voltage at the battery posts with the engine running at idle.
Fuse 79 is good.
Relay 23 unplugged. Key off 12v at 3.
Key on 12v at 1 & 3 and 3.5v at 2. Relay works testing with battery.

OP
OP
Aggiesrok

Aggiesrok

Reaction score
Ok sorry had to make a jumper with pins.
Jumped 3 to 5 and the clutch engages with engine on or off. But doesn't blow cold air.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Next step is to check the ac system pressure with a set of gauges. The pressure transducer may be sensing low pressure in the system.

OP
OP
Aggiesrok

Aggiesrok

Reaction score
I was afraid of that. Clutch won't engage because of low pressure. 90k miles, leak or just low?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sealed system, so it is probably a leak. O-rings, condenser, hose(s), or compressor shaft seal are the usual culprits