Brake problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dadstaxi4

Reaction score
I have a 1997 Expedition XLT. I replaced the right front rotor and caliper because the rotor was warped, and the caliper wasn't allowing the pads to retract. After replacing these items, I still am experiencing the same issue. I'm led to believe the issue lies in the ABS module. Can anyone help me out with this??? We only have 2 vehicles and my wife would like to use her own as would I like to drive my vehicle. Right now it's sitting in the driveway doing nothing. HELP!!!!

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
ABS will vibrate the brake pedal at a specific frequency. Feels rather harsh to your foot.

You can feel warped rotors in the pedal as well but it varies with vehicle speed and is generally much slower and less harsh.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
expy's are known for warping the rotors, they are heavy i would replace the left rotor as well

make sure you lube the slides really well.

is it possible the brakefluid is contaminated? that will cause the calipers not to release

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was having trouble with my ABS kicking in while trying to brake and turn right at the same time. I ended up just pulling the ABS fuse to shut the system off altogether, and I do not miss it. If you think it is the ABS, pull the fuse for it and see if the problem goes away. If it is still present, then it wasn't the ABS module. I forget the fuse, but it would be in the owners manual.

1ATony

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the expeditionforum

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69