Broken Spark Plug Nightmare 05 Exp King Ranch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonkelly

Reaction score
I'm looking for a capable mechanic in Northwest Arkansas that can work on broken plugs in my 05 Expedition? The local dealer is outrageous. Number 7 and 8 are giving me heck. Most of the plug is still in number 7 and only the very bottom part, electrode shield, of number 8 is wedged in there.

Ideas other than the dealer?

Thanks!

OP
OP
J

jasonkelly

Reaction score
I discovered today that plug 8 broke just below the jamb nut which means the threads are still in.

I see all the tools are for plugs that break and leave the porcelain below the jamb nut or the electrode shield. I don't see much about it breaking at the jamb nut and leaving the threads.

Ideas?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I discovered today that plug 8 broke just below the jamb nut which means the threads are still in.

I see all the tools are for plugs that break and leave the porcelain below the jamb nut or the electrode shield. I don't see much about it breaking at the jamb nut and leaving the threads.

Ideas?

I would use a screw extractor.

WiscoGus

Reaction score
Take you truck to Doug O'Kelly at O'Kellys Automotive. He is just north of Siloam Springs on the way to Gentry. He has always been very fair priced, good quality work. If I remember correctly, he is also a former Ford certified tech.