Build sheet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

broncoremy

Reaction score
Is it possible to get a complete build sheet online from Ford? Please forgive if it goes by a different name...

New to the forum and to the '08 Exped we just bought and I would like to get the list of what is installed on this beast.

Thanks,
BR

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could always have a dealer run the VIN to find out what you have. Welcome to the forum, I'm in your neck of the woods too! Any mods planned?

OP
OP
B

broncoremy

Reaction score
Hello DiB,

Thanks. No mods planned; just hoping for many years of trouble free miles. Smooth as silk most of the time. Has a little hesitation at take off, but runs very nice otherwise.

This is the family carrier so it is "mine" only when it needs maintenance. The Mrs. won't take kindly to me messin' with her ride too much...

It will need tires soon. It has the 7 way plug in it which I would think means it has the tow pkg. Is a 3.73 rear std for towing?

If there isn't a way to get a build sheet online, you are right, I will have to go to the dealership.

Thanks,
BR

Dib52

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ehhh, mess with it anyway! Tell her you need certain things to allow her(you) to get better mileage, more power, less hesitation, etc, lol!
I optioned mine to have the 3.73 and the heavy duty trailer tow when I bought it new. The 7 pin is a good sign that it's got the heavy tow, however, they were also known to come through with the 3.55 as well. Is it 4x4? Then I'd venture a guess that it's 3.73, if 4x2 might have other set.
Tires, so many to choose from. You'll get varying opinions, but I will say I've noticed down here, the concrete roads seem to chew up everything I've had on mine. The ContiTrac wore out at 30k, and my Nittos are on the way out at almost 60k. It's all good, new tires are in the budget this spring and I'm moving up in size after the lift anyway. 4wheelparts in Plano has helped me out in the past and I'll be a return customer.
Anything else, just fire away, always fun to help a neighbor out!

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
broncoremy, post the VIN or send me a PM or email and I'll run the VIN.
As for 3.73's with the towing pkg, they didnt come together unless you ordered it that way. Mine is 4x4 and has the towing pkg but came with 3.31's.
I believe only the Expy EL came standard with 3.73's.

Matt

OP
OP
B

broncoremy

Reaction score
Ehhh, mess with it anyway! Tell her you need certain things to allow her(you) to get better mileage, more power, less hesitation, etc, lol!
I optioned mine to have the 3.73 and the heavy duty trailer tow when I bought it new. The 7 pin is a good sign that it's got the heavy tow, however, they were also known to come through with the 3.55 as well. Is it 4x4? Then I'd venture a guess that it's 3.73, if 4x2 might have other set.
Tires, so many to choose from. You'll get varying opinions, but I will say I've noticed down here, the concrete roads seem to chew up everything I've had on mine. The ContiTrac wore out at 30k, and my Nittos are on the way out at almost 60k. It's all good, new tires are in the budget this spring and I'm moving up in size after the lift anyway. 4wheelparts in Plano has helped me out in the past and I'll be a return customer.
Anything else, just fire away, always fun to help a neighbor out!

Thanks, hmmm, I do need to figure out what is causing that little stumble out of 1st gear... :)

I have had great luck with Mich LTX and pretty good luck with the Cooper CTS I have on the Ram now. I agree about the concrete roads, though.

No, this is RWD.

I was wondering if there was a sticker somewhere on the truck that gave build codes. I bet there is somewhere.

OP
OP
B

broncoremy

Reaction score
broncoremy, post the VIN or send me a PM or email and I'll run the VIN.
As for 3.73's with the towing pkg, they didnt come together unless you ordered it that way. Mine is 4x4 and has the towing pkg but came with 3.31's.
I believe only the Expy EL came standard with 3.73's.

Matt

Don't have it with me here, but I will get it and send it to you. thanks.

Nathanialson 08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, hmmm, I do need to figure out what is causing that little stumble out of 1st gear... :)

my dad had that same exact problem with his 05 F150 and all he did was take it to the dealer and they reflashed his computer and it ran great ever since, hopefully thats the problem, I currently have an 08 Expy as well that i bought use when it was a year old and it has olwayse ran like a champ for me even after i wrecked it but i have has some small issues with it but not much, how do you guys like the expy so far?

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you know the original selling dealer, they will actually get a copy of the orginal window sticker for you. I did this on my F150 Harley 2 years after the truck was initially sold.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze