Can't get the A/C to change vents and fan does not seem to be working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Franci1

Reaction score
The front seat vents My 2017 Expedition EL Platinum are not producing any air flow other than outside air when the vehicle is in motion. When there is air flow due to the vehicle being in motion, the air is cold when the A/C is on but the fan is not blowing and I can't redirect airflow from the lower vents to the dash vents or the defroster. The rear fan works well and cools the back of the vehicle. This problem occasionally will stop and the dash fan works well and I can select the different vent settings The Vacuum hoses appear to be in good shape in the engine compartment.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is a blend door actuator that controls airflow to defrost/panel/floor. It's located underneath the LH side of the instrument panel on my '11 (possibly the same on your '17, but not certain). This is a common failure item on Expeditions and the telltale sign is usually clicking coming from the dash when the problem occurs. I would start my search there.