Can't get WDH set right - Curt TruTrack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
X

XirallicBolts

Reaction score
I don't feel insulted by your discussion, I'm genuinely appreciative. I fear I come off as dismissive/bullheaded for insisting on sticking with this vehicle/camper combination.

Looking at things a little further, one problem I'm noticing is that the hitch doesn't seem appropriate for my camper. The guides say the trunnion bars should be nearly level when adjusted right but there's no possible way to accomplish that on this trailer. The frame is too tall and the ball sits too high relative to the bottom of the frame (which limits how high the trunnion bar bracket can be mounted). I'll have to get back in touch with Curt Manufacturing about that.

Ultimately, vehicles are not my decision. My father purchased the Savana and loved it, so he refused to consider a new vehicle. After he passed away last year, my mom simply didn't feel comfortable driving it; the seats were too high, visibility too limited, and she's too short to reach the pedals. The Expedition's adjustable pedals were a game changer for her, plus all the new safety features and proper 4x4 for Wisconsin winters.

The camper's only being moved once more this year to get it home but we decided to have a professional look at it and determine if the hitch is appropriate.

Tow mirrors arrived and I definitely need a convex mirror for the passenger side.