CCD Replacement with Fox?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willalex09

Reaction score
Wanting to replace the factory CCD on my 2015 Expi Platinum. Some background on the setup and issues; I'm at about 140k miles and have never replaced anything. It has 22x9.5 wheels with 35" Recon Grappler tires. It has also had the ReadyLift leveling kit for about 10k miles. Over the last few months, I've noticed that it feels very "boat like" (some body roll back and forth) when changing lanes on the highway at speed. I'm sure it's due for ball joints, stiffer sway bar, etc.

I have 3 buddies with Raptors and I've always liked the way that they felt. I know that I can replace the front shocks with Fox shocks since the front of the 15 Expi's are the same as the 14 F-150s and they make Fox shocks for it. My question is, what about the rear? As far as I've seen, the Bilstein 5100s are the only direct replacements for this year Expi?

My questions for anyone that has had any experience with this are;

1. Has anyone replaced their front shocks with non-Bilstein shocks and put Bilsteins in the rear? If so, was it worth it, how's it feel, etc.?
2. Has anyone replaced the rear shocks on their 15-17 Expi with Fox, King, etc.? If so, was it straight forward, did you have any issues, etc.?