CEL 1450 and possible cause?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CertusExpo

Customizing trucks since I was 7 with my Legos
Reaction score
Bonnie threw a P1450 code and I'm wanting to figure it out. I did look around under the truck while she was on a lift getting an alignment and found a disconnected hose that is in the picture.

Does anyone know what it's supposed to connect to? I didn't find anywhere it could connect to so if someone could crawl under their 2003 or 2nd Gen and let me know I'd appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.Evap hose.jpg

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Doesn't connect to anything on that end. It's usually just tie-wrapped to one of the other pipes there. It's just a vent hose for the fuel evap system. Don't plug it. When you remove your gas cap after driving do you hear a big hiss or the sound of pressure being relieved ? Check the condition of the vacuum hose from the motor over to the evap purge control valve there by the master cylinder, it rots out after about 10 years. If that looks bad change it out. Then it might be the control valve itself gone bad. Those are the common causes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042HHE4M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...on,vapor+canister+purge+valve+/+solenoid,4936

F75Z9C915AA-FRO__ra_p.jpg

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Reaction score
No hiss in least but I do have an oversized tire stuffed up into the spare tire cavity. Is there something there that could be kinked?

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah there's a few hoses back there but a tire shouldn't hit them. If this is a new code and that tire has been there for a long time, it's probably not the issue. But if you just stuffed that tire up there last week, and now you have this code, it would be worth a look.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
This is off of my 05, looks to be a much bigger in diameter breather hose on mine.

20180517_180658.jpg

20180517_180708.jpg

You're looks like it has a clip that connects it to this little cutout

20180517_181013.jpg

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Reaction score
I thought the same however, the diameter of the hole is smaller than the clip with four little prongs as well as being just shy of long enough or angled correctly.

This is why I felt that there was something missing from there that was an intermediary connector.

Edit: mine also had the zip ties which I cut off to search for where that 'connector' went to. That 'connector' seems like it belongs somewhere although yours doesn't seem to have it.
Even more confusing...

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Ok is your little skinny hose going to the same place as mine is?

20180517_192425.jpg

20180517_192459.jpg

20180517_192526.jpg

OP
OP
CertusExpo

CertusExpo

Reaction score
I'm going to need to take a second look on mine and compare to your pictures.

Thank you for those.

1,381 to go.