Charging System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fredmccoy

Reaction score
Just replaced alternator on 2006 Ford Expedition along with a new battery. The charging system light keeps coming on. Cannot find what the trouble is. Took it back to the dealer and they are trying to find the problem. Any ideas??

06 Eddie

Reaction score
My 06 is in the shop for the same thing. I have a new battery and alternator wire harness/fuse link. It runs from the alt to the positive terminal and has been listed as a cause. I have replaced the battery and above wire harness but not the alt yet. FYI I'm having draining issues with mine not just the light so hoping just an alt for my case. I will be sure to update please do as well so we can figure this out.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What group battery? Needs to be group 65

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
A hi or hello before the question would've been nice, and this is the wrong section btw.

And what is the point of this thread if the car is already at the dealer for this same exact situation?

Anyways check your battery cables and terminal clamps... (a little late now) alot of people here had trouble with those and many jumped ship and changed the expensive crap before actually diagnosing the issue

06 Eddie

Reaction score
Seems like people including myself are just airing out the problems with the hope of an assist. Real people with real cars equals real problems so emotions such as hello requests are not required. Either assist or skip over the topic. The most minute response could help a stranded motorist while the forum rules guy serves zero purpose.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
Seems like people including myself are just airing out the problems with the hope of an assist. Real people with real cars equals real problems so emotions such as hello requests are not required. Either assist or skip over the topic. The most minute response could help a stranded motorist while the forum rules guy serves zero purpose.

Ok wise guy your point doesn't stand, BECAUSE on your first post you had the common courtesy to say hello & thanks before diving into your problems, but now you're Mr. Macho-Man defending a person who doesn't give a f**k and just expect answers to a rather useless thread.... bottom line is, you ask nicely & we'll answer nicely, ask bluntly and you'll get a blunt answer.

Screenshot_20171127-215646.png

Shabadoo

Reaction score
Typically when it comes to charging system issues, troubleshooting with a multi-meter is the place to start. The charging system light is set to come on when it senses the vehicle voltage drop below a certain point for X amount of time. Given that you have a new battery and alternator, I would pose that the issue is somewhere in the wiring, causing either low alternator output or incorrect voltage sensing. Let us know what you find out.

Also, welcome to the forum. For future reference, the new member check-in is typically just for introducing yourself. For an issue such as this, I would recommend the 2nd Gen or Electrical sub-forum. If you need help with the website, you can always ask in "the lounge" under the "member's area."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graphite-INDITE