"Check Charging System" intermittently coming on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hope you used a fusible link when you "jumped" the old link. If not you don't have the protection of a link - the next weakest component will be your "fuse".

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad you fixed your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EliteFord

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi folks, i just picked up a multimeter and have about 12.7 at the battery after trickle charging all night. start the motor, then one side on the alternator and i get about 11.6, which i believe should be about 14.4. Belt is tight, and it appears to be spinning. Is my best bet a new alternator?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
REPLACE THE ALTERNATOR

also thank you for replying to my questions that I asked in your other post about this problem It would have been helpful IF YOU DID ANSERED MY QUESTIONS

Wilson

Reaction score
Ford Technical Service Bulletin 04-14-9 says:

DCT Code P0320 with possible drivability concerns and/or charging system warning indicator on with possible DTC P0620 -

Corrosion or damage to the 14305 harness or interaction of the PCM with the charging system.

*Reprogram PCB to latest calibration ($85)
*Replace 14305 harness (alternator to battery harness with fuseable link) ($57)

I replaced the alternator as well since I was only seeing 11 volts at the top of the battery and 11 volts at the top of the alternator.

I also replaced the battery in case there was a bad cell.

Everything runs fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bretbrat