Cherry Bomb Glasspack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickH

Reaction score
Hi
I want to make my 1999 Expedition with the 5.4L sound deeper and louder. I was thinking about a Glasspack, but I dont know which one I should get, nor do I know how to put it on. Any help?

Thanks
Nick

fiveohpoepoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just my .02, stay away from that area. Have you tried Flowmaster? I have a 2 chamber and it is plenty loud and low. Go with a 1 chamber and you are waking up the whole neighborhood, not just the neighbor

Do a search on youtube

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i say get a bullet. if you can find a place that sells them. theyre flow threw and mines loud. and sounds like a nascar engine in tunnels and parking structures. favorite place to set off car alarms.

lvbgtds

Reaction score
Did you do the deed?

The thing about sound from a v8 is this... It's all about how aggresive you want a full size SUV to sound. If you were talking about "Elenor", yes give me "Pypes" loud and proud. Me, I am going with a 29" glasspack with an edelbrock SS exhaust tip. Sounds great with a low growl but not to loud for my neighborhood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VmSwDOaGBU

I hope it turns(ed) out a good as this did.

tbake

Reaction score
I had a Flowmaster 40 series on my '98 Expy and it was loud, I loved it but anyone in the back seat hated it. I now have a Flowmaster 50 series on my'03 and its good. Still gives you that deep rumble but cuts down on interior noise.

Jesus guerra

Reaction score
Hey people im planning to put a cherry bomb on the end of exhaust but i dont know what size inlet to get. The pipe size is 2.5 but i dont know if i should buy one the same size or smaller to just slide it in and tighten it with some clamps. Any suggestions

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you buy a Borla or Corsa muffler, they will bark on throttle, but be silent on the highway! Depends what you want. Most loud, cheap mufflers will just be loud all the time and drive your passengers crazy on long trips!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Deadman, this post is over 2 years old. Doubtful their still around. I don't recognize any of the names that posted.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It takes a while to notice the dates of the threads since the focus is on the thread content. But hey, another rises from the dead. Now if we could only get bedrck47 to rise up.....

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hard to believe Tuesday will be a year since he passed.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tryspaygee