Clarion Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

sphillips

Reaction score
Just read up on the difference. Premium system is driven by the built in amplifier of the head unit in the dash. It has the lower power amp that's built into it. You also don't have the 8 inch subwoofer or its amplifier in the passenger rear. The cd changer, and cassette radio head unit are similar, but the wiring is different. You can go with a factory unit online, maybe Ebay, or one of our members has one. If you go oem make sure it's not the Mach stereo, but the premium one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thx Moose!

OP
OP
S

sphillips

Reaction score
How do you determine the radio part number on a ford, my Tahoe had a sticker in the glove box with the as equipped codes.

Thx

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well if it's like the passenger mirror I bought for a friends expedition, it's the wires, colors and amount of them. Problem is you don't have the original, and probably have a scosche or equivalent wiring adapter. If your buying an oem one, ask owner is it Mach or premium. If he doesn't know move on to the next one. Or you could pull your head unit out to see colors of original wires. It's not that tough. God knows you wouldn't want to buy one from Ford, that's probably $800.00 if their even available.

OP
OP
S

sphillips

Reaction score
There are some OEM radios for sale on the internet, don't know which one would be the premium. My Tahoe had a sticker in the glove box with the build codes, do fords have this?

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well apparently the units that are being sold on EBay don't know to state the most simple information. They have oem part numbers, but don't say if their Mach or premium. Best advice, go by your local Ford dealer, get the part number that matched your vin number. That way you can match the radio. They leave the info too vague. Theirs probably only 2 available that year, your model and mine the Mach setup. Anyway do a little homework, and find the right one. They even have a website that sells an original with a 3.5 mm plug to go to your I phone. Wish mine had that, might have to order one. Go on Ebay, you'll see em all.

OP
OP
S

sphillips

Reaction score
Well apparently the units that are being sold on EBay don't know to state the most simple information. They have oem part numbers, but don't say if their Mach or premium. Best advice, go by your local Ford dealer, get the part number that matched your vin number. That way you can match the radio. They leave the info too vague. Theirs probably only 2 available that year, your model and mine the Mach setup. Anyway do a little homework, and find the right one. They even have a website that sells an original with a 3.5 mm plug to go to your I phone. Wish mine had that, might have to order one. Go on Ebay, you'll see em all.

Thx again Moose!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01