Cleaning injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have just used the Seafoam product this weekend.

Unbelievable...it just rocks all over the other products I have tried (STP, Chevron, etc.). This is the first time that a performance change was noticable. The Exby is much more responsive off throttle, and all across the RPM band seems to have renewed life. Could be other factors of course, but without owning several Exby's with the same milage, doing double blind comparisons, I am just going to have to trust this first application.

I am hooked now. Seafoam for me now on.

G

I would definitely like to hear other's opinions about SeaFoam as well. It sounds like an impressive product and according to their site can greatly help the fuel injector system.

Thanks for the info rwinch.

As far as manually cleaning the injectors, this is definitely a job that I'd choose to have a professional mechanic do. And right now, there's no one around here that I'd trust to do the job.

G

I've never heard of the product. We use a BG extreme fuel kit at work that cleans the throttle body, plenum, intake and valves as well as injectors. I did it to my Honda Prelude with 145,000 miles a saw a huge difference in throttle response. I will check out seafoam. Always interested in new products.

06MWBlueEX

Reaction score
Instead of starting a new thread I figured it'd be best to post it here.

My EX has just 31k on the odometer and just had service done yesterday to replace the throttle body; as part of the service the dealership, reprogramed the computer, performed a lower decarb?? (all I know it's that it involves removing carbon deposits), lastly they wanted to perform an Injection system cleaning, they wanted $150 if it was done at the same time as the lower decarb, or $208 if done separately. My bill was already getting up there so per the tech's advice, I opted not to get the injector cleaning, and got the "more" important lower decarb done.
I was going to go back next week to get it done, but have been looking through here and found that Seafoam makes a really good product for this purpose, my question is do I use the spray, or the treatment?
Thanks for any and all advice.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard good stuff about this:http://www.gumout.com/ourProducts/ReganeFSC.asp

I've seen it mentioned used on the Bob is the oil guy forum. Apparently, it has to be that one (not the one for high milage.)

As for the filter, the thing is like 15 bucks, and take a couple minutes to change. You can call it cheap insurance to replace. Also, I think the scheduled interval to change it out is 30k miles.

alexhozee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
on ebay you can buy remanufactured injectors for $ 100.
That's cheaper then some of the prices I see here for "cleaning".

Should the injectors go a lifetime of the car?

Aantolos

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Ford Expedition with the 5.4L V8 with over 85k and the dealer wanted $175 just to clean the Fuel injectors. Whats the best way to clean them?