conversion from air to shocks too bouncy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wpatters1229

Reaction score
I have a 2000 that had air suspension which was starting to fail. I used a kit and changed it over to rear coils with shocks and coil over shocks for the front. I works but the front is too bouncy. Is there a way to replace the front coil over shocks with stiffer shocks. I contacted the company who makes the kit and they said there wasn't any stiffer coil overs. I find that hard to believe.
Has anyone had this problem and knows of a fix?
This was a Monroe 90010 kit.

Thanks

quicker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure how many options are out there but many on the 3rd gen section have replaced their shocks with Bilsteins and state that the bounce has been removed. In most cases I think they were replacing older stock OEM stocks so not sure what the difference will be between monroe and Milsteins.

OP
OP
W

wpatters1229

Reaction score
I think the Bilsteins are just a better shock. I contacted the Monroe folks and they did not even know the number of the coil over shock they used in the kit. Kind of surprised me that they did not address this issue with any kind of support.

So I guess I am no my own.

ogre20012001

Reaction score
Did you ever find anything out on how to fix the bounce in the front end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk