Crazy engine swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
A hi before that question couldn't hurt would it?

Last edited:

drewactual

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the only thing that may give you trouble as i understand it is the transmission as most 4.6's were running a 4r70/75's and 5.4's 4r100's. the TCM requires different wiring and connections, and the TCM for the 4.6/4r70/75 isn't capable of producing the voltage required to operate the 4r100.......... so..... the PCM can likely be flashed but the TCM will require one intended for a 4r100 (if in fact that is what is behind that particular engine/build) as well as it being flashed for the pressures of a Expedition (torque management; valve body/solenoid pressures)... otherwise, you're in for a choppy ride.

what year are you talking about?

if you're dropping a 2v 5.4 in the place of a dohc engine, the PCM will have to be swapped- likely true with any of the variations from 4.6/5.4 2v/3v/4v and sohc/dohc.... so.. bank on a PCM flash/swap at a minimum, and a PCM+TCM possibly/likely.

Romeo and Windsor engines are different, too- not that it should impact for a simple (simple?) swap, but.... be aware of that, as well.

OP
OP
R

Rudy

Reaction score
Thanks I'll look for that . All my connections on my tranny hooked up with a problem but if any thing happens I'll let ya know. I should be done by Saturday afternoon. So we'll see.

Timm1687

Reaction score
Was thinking about doing this and am very interested myself. Keep us posted! Any pictures or anything of the process?

OP
OP
R

Rudy

Reaction score
Well guys I found 1 thing so far that was different the bracket from the transmission to the exhaust pipe won't fit you have to cut off 1 1/2 inches off of it to fit

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360