Creaking Noise?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

juan214

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone got a guess on this haven't started to look at yet. When backing up seems to be a creaking noise while the wheel is cut. It's sounds like it's coming from the left front. I have a video of it but I can not upload it to the site as intended. Both lower ball joints, both upper control arms, both stabilizer links, left hub and seal all replaced. Tie rods all tight.

OP
OP
J

juan214

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's not it, but I'm going to look at it today. Wish I could post the video. Anyone know how I can post video on here.

Dewayne

Reaction score
Last year I had a creaking noise on left front and found it to be the body mount rubber on lower radiator core support . A little bit of lube made it quiet.

Dewayne

Reaction score
Check front axle shaft. I would either put expedition on 4 jack stands to pinpoint or have a local shop put it on a lift .

hartsemperfi

Reaction score
I have the same issue over bumps its loud as hell like people having sex on sqeaky bed

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Creaking is usually a worn or dry suspension part. A lot of cases it's when metal scrapes metal, or when the rubber or cushion wears away. Chevy pickups from the 70's and 80's were famous for this. The hardest part is locating whats causing it. I remember Buicks from 1950 thru 1958 or so would squeak as they went by you. My neighbors and family friends 1955 Buick would make a squeaky sound as it went over bumps and such. Lube everything with ruglyde or equivalent, and grease any fittings if you have them. Good luck, squeaks and rattles are one of the toughest things to diagnose on a vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk