Custom leather interior?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone done a custom leather interior to their 97-02 Expedition? I have been looking to do something with mine and one place I found and really liked is telling me the kit they make may not fit the Eddie Bauer seats due to the non removable headrest. Anyone get something done that can post a few pics and information on where it was done?
Thanks.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should swap seat back to get the removable headrest and put DVD monitors in them (if you have kids).

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should swap seat back to get the removable headrest and put DVD monitors in them (if you have kids).
I don't have any kids so I don't really need that, but I have thought about swapping the seat out. I do like the seat I have now thought. It just old and starting to come apart in some spots on the driver seat. I could just recover what I have, but was thinking of doing something to jazz it up a bit.

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Rexster314. Looks like they only do the seat bottoms and armrest for the 99. Bummer. I will send them an email just to make sure.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I clicked on the bottom, there was a note saying they also had seat back as well.

Why wouldn't they list them on their site......?

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am trying to use these guys.... https://www.leatherseats.com/shop/leather-interior-kits.html?___store=default

I have been emailing with a sales guy from there. My whole thing is, if you don't offer it for the year or model...then why let me select it? I only found out there may be an issue because I asked about embroidery and a map pocket. What if I had gone ahead and just ordered? UGGH...so frustrating.

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Rexster314. Looks like they only do the seat bottoms and armrest for the 99. Bummer. I will send them an email just to make sure.
Give them a call. Friendly people. They can make pretty much whatever color combination you want. I actually brought my 06 XLR in one afternoon with a wear hole in the upper driver's seat. 3 hours later I drove out with a completely repaired leather seat that matches perfectly

OP
OP
S

swagfu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am trying to use these guys.... https://www.leatherseats.com/shop/leather-interior-kits.html?___store=default

I have been emailing with a sales guy from there. My whole thing is, if you don't offer it for the year or model...then why let me select it? I only found out there may be an issue because I asked about embroidery and a map pocket. What if I had gone ahead and just ordered? UGGH...so frustrating.

No luck with these guys unfortunately. This is the response I received today:
"Our pattern is only compatible with the cloth model and will not fir your Eddie Bauer edition."

Bummer.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can usually get seats at a junkyard or on craigslist

You might also find some deals on replacement leather that someone somewhere bought at sticker price and never got to installing, or had the wifey tell em they didn't like the color

On my 3rd gen (police model), I got a full Eddie Bauer interior (seats plastics and headliner) off a junkyard for $1200 I think....that was a mistake, was in too much of a hurry and pulled the trigger on first set I found.

Later scored a full all-seat, all-leather kit off Craigslist for $250 (advertised @ $300)... some dude's wife vetoed it after he bought it and it just sat in his garage for years:

2017-03-14 12.58.58.jpg

...and that's for 3rd gen, they still have new ones in the dealer lots. Most of em with worse stock "leather" thats really almost all vinyl except parts of the front seats.

Older models must have crazy good deals to be had if you search around