Dash switch question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave Pen

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the switch to the right of the 4x4 selector knob controls? Have an 03 Eddie Bauer edition. TIA

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is an aftermarket switch You might be able to trace the wires to see where they go
But most likely a previous owner has removed what ever the switch was for

OP
OP
D

Dave Pen

Reaction score
Thanks, I was hoping it was stock of some kind. I guess the previous owner also swapped out the panel to make it look stock.

Guess I'll start digging!

Plati

Reaction score
Ok this is a true but no help response. I used to have a roommate who installed a switch like that that would turn off all the rear lights so that when he was running away from the police the rear of the vehicle would go dark. I wish it wasnt true but it is. That was long ago.

yes aftermarket switch ... I have a 2003 (not EB) & no switch there

Last edited:

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
LoL I did that once I turned off all the lights, gunned it through a residential neighborhood and in the mix of it I decided to bend my brake light switch behind the pedal so brakes don' light up either. It worked hehehe but man that was a good 15 years ago memory you just brought up.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was looking at a Honda 305 scrambler bike I was thinking of buying back in 1970. I asked the guy selling the bike , what was the toggle switch on the taillight for, you guessed it, he said for getting away from cops!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk