Dave's multiple beer break Expy build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cheapjeep

cheapjeep

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Expy in front of saturn rocket at rest stop near Huntsville Al
2968b215eab0b902a98b8ff743dc6891.jpg
0766d8f396e3db4bdfdec2e482e59f3a.jpg

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just went through the build thread. Looks nice! How off was the alignment after the lift?

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just went through the build thread. Looks nice! How off was the alignment after the lift?

Not sure about how bad cheapjeep's was but mine was way off after the lift (according to the technician) so had to get the alignment done for $80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tsingson

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks. I am looking to do this but need to know is it better to just have 4WheelParts do it and align it or me do it and then drive it to get it aligned.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I am looking to do this but need to know is it better to just have 4WheelParts do it and align it or me do it and then drive it to get it aligned.

I would just get it aligned... I put my kit on and drove home with the steering wheel turned about 30° to the left and I was going straight lol the next day I had truck aligned and it rode perfect again but if you put the bigger tires and different wheels on after the kit and alignment I would get it aligned again just to be safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
cheapjeep

cheapjeep

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Surprisingly the rear was still dead on and I put the lowers back on at the same marks on the front and it was only a little out on the toe on 1 side.I drove it to the alignment shop with no issues at all.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

OP
OP
cheapjeep

cheapjeep

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well after 3000 mi in 2 weeks I can honestly say that the lift didn't have any ill effects on the way the Expy handles at least in my case and no parts fell off either! I can safely call the ReadyLift a win. As for those carbon/ceramic pads that came with my new Powerstop rotors not so much. I think those pads are more suited for a racing application. The hotter they are the better they work but the initial bite isn't as good as the stock pads. They are a very hard compound and made very minimal dust in 3k miles but I think the next time I need pads I'm going to my old standby the Wearever Platinum ceramic. Best all round pad I've used so far. Also I think I've finally bonded with the Expy. I didn't buy it because I wanted it,I bought it because I needed it, And I really really didn't want to part with my Grand Cherokee because I had a lot of blood sweat and tears(and money)in it.
IMG246.jpg
But after a couple weeks on the road with the Expy it turned out to be a way superior travel companion in a lot of categories especially comfortable ride and room.