Dave's multiple beer break Expy build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
cheapjeep

cheapjeep

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ordered a kit from Dipyourcar to Plastidip my wheels this vintage gold color. Hoping it's pretty close to the Pueblo Gold on my truck.

wheel%20kits_zpshkjfamoq.jpg

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Kenwood DNN991HD and Maestro probably finished up tomorrow.

How are you liking the Kenwood/Maestro setup? I considered going down that road, but past experience (5+ years ago) with Kenwood's horrendous interface gave me pause.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm peeling mine off...just a heads up it's a pain...maybe easier on stock wheels...but on my 26s...it sucks

Mr. 10K

OP
OP
cheapjeep

cheapjeep

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How are you liking the Kenwood/Maestro setup? I considered going down that road, but past experience (5+ years ago) with Kenwood's horrendous interface gave me pause.
Well.............lets say I have nothing bad to say about the Maestro as far as interfaces go it's probably about the best IMO.It worked great and as advertised with Sync in the Expy and now is in a Silverado playing nice with Onstar The 991 is a mixed blessing It's slow to boot but sounds awesome once its up and running All the companies running Android os are all pretty much having the same issues if you look at the forums. one thing I learned is it absolutely hates being put into reverse before it finishes booting. The good thing is I can put it in anything I want and it has internet.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey buddy! How's things?

Hey pretty good over here man! Finally starting to get my 2006 hooked up. Got the lift on like you and a few other extras and more stuff on the way... Still haven't had time to do the CB though :(
How about yourself? How's things and the how's the Expy?
fefb0908a2416631ebe9e06bafb70b97.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
cheapjeep

cheapjeep

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well buddy I was starting to develop some of the dreaded 5.4 timing ticking/tapping issues and it for sure wasn't the exhaust kind. I wouldn't be happy unless I replaced the phasers,solenoids,timing chains,adjusters and guides,gaskets,etc 'cause it could be any 1 of them. About $800 in parts from Rock Auto is the cheapest I could find. Also this kind of work is way beyond my pay grade so figure probably close to a grand in labor for an engine that still ends up with 100k on the clock. Soooo........in September I traded it in for a certified '13 Silverado with 18k on it.It's a dog with it's little 4.8 only has a 4 speed auto but no vvt, mds or any other crap like that.Plus being GM certified I have a warranty like a new car.I really miss the old Expy though.

20151124_165051_zpsflpni3co.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni