Deciding on 3/2 Lift for 08 EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

valenrandy

Reaction score
I went ahead and purchased a new set of rear struts/springs to replace my air suspension and also got some new front struts. Before I get on and install them I figured it be a good time to decide weather I should get one of these spacers/ 3/2 lifts they sell on amazon or ebay.

I have been reading that ride quality is not changed and all it does is give you a mild lift while leveling the expy out.

Is there any other item I need to be aware of regarding the installation of this type of lift?
Has anyone experienced any difficulties during install or after the lift being installed?

I just want to have an idea if this will compromise anything in the future.

Just looking for a Pro's/Con's

Thanks!

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Readylift seems to be rather popular. I will be purchasing their 3/2 here within the next few months for my 2016

OP
OP
V

valenrandy

Reaction score
Good deal, I was just asking to see if anyone had any problems after installation or things I could see down the line as a result of the lift.

BTW, prices are all over the place from around 99$ to 400$ for what looks to be similar items. Some look like metal and other look like a kind of plastic resin.

Thanks!

Rigpig

Reaction score
I just found a great deal on a ReadyLift kit on fleabay for $240 for the 3/2 kit. I looked at the $99 kit, but some of the negative reviews scared me off. Some mentioned cheap metal and bad welds, so I shied away from them because my Expy will regularly be transporting my family with two little girls. I had talked myself into the ReadyLift kit because AutoAnything had one of their 20% flash sales yesterday, so that made the kit $320 with free shipping. I was going to wait for another flash sale that they seem to have every other day, but fell wallet-first into this deal. I'll probably install the lift with my bald 265s and XLT rims to get a good measurement on what tires will fit. I'd like a little more aggressive offset, and am looking at 20x9 +25mm offset wheels to tuck a wider tire. Not sure 35x12.50r20 will fit on that combo. Might either go with a 35x11.50r20 or step down a size to LT295/60r20.

ETA: I have installed a number of leveling kits on everything from my Tundra, to a couple F-150s I've had to a 3500 Dodge Cummins. They are very simple to install, and only take around an hour, probably less if I sit the beer down. Front and back I'd could foresee taking up to a few hours for a first time installer. Shouldn't need any special tools. Likely just a good floor jack, a set of stands and some basic hand tools. Power tools would shave off a ton of time. I've never had a spacer kit cause an undue amount of wear on anything, but I don't really beat my vehicles too hard off road. I've always been able to get alignments within spec with stock components as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

valenrandy

Reaction score
I did see those yesterday on fleabay! I will probably get those and install them when I install the new front and rear suspension. I'll have to ride on my current tires before I can justify new wheels and tires though. I have Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 275-65-18 that I got last year and they ride and handle great! Still have plenty of life left on them also.

limitedex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP,

Just use your OEM air bags in the rear and change out your air bag "sensor" which tricks it into thinking it needs to compensate for weight on the rear. That's what I did. There's a write up on here somewhere.

OP
OP
V

valenrandy

Reaction score
I did see the write up but I have already purchased the replacement parts for the air suspension. It was a hard choice but I am at peace with it now lol.

Bronco635

Reaction score
So I'm looking at the readylift 3/2 also.
Who out their is running this set up? Got any pics? What the side effects of running it? Will i need another alignment ? I defiantly want to keep my ride quality in tact if possible.
I would like to run only a 33x12.50 tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Menard LaDouche

Reaction score
I did the Ready lift recently (Fat Bob, $240). I also increased the tires to 275/70/18 (F150 rims) and went with Hercules 10 ply rated AT tires. I love the ride, especially the off road performance. Very much better. Gas mileage about the same (18.1 mpg on recent 1000 mile trip with 300 miles off-road). Ride feels slightly different, but nothing the family has noticed. It is nice sitting up higher too. I have 2 1/2' clearance in the wheel wells all the way around, despite the optics of the photo. I did an alignment after the lift install. Despite the claims that this was a 3/2 lift, it is more like a 2/2 lift. The actual spacers are 1 1/2" all the way around, so that is what you get all the way around.

DSCF2798 v2.jpg