Digital display 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Gary
Welcome to the Forum

FYI This is an older thread The last post before yours was in Aug 2013 I would suggest you start a new thread as you may get better responses

Since you are new you may want to look at when posts were made before you reply or ask for help.

djac47

Reaction score
I don't know if this means anything, but I've been having the same issue and got the same answers from Ford. When i first bought the Expedition the display was good, however after I had the daylight running ligth feature turned on the information center was much dimmer and impossible to read during the daylight. ANy thoughts on this wrinkle?

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Older models (2014-) have a Vacuum Fluorescent (VF) dot matrix display in the center of the cluster. While the brightness of this display can be altered by turning on/off the headlights, using the dimmer switch, etc. you should know that all VF displays simply lose brightness over time. Thus, they get dimmer as they get older. The only solution for that is to replace the display.

But, if you don't mind taking your cluster apart, there is often what appears to be a dark green "window tint" like filter installed over these displays. Depending on the design of the cluster, it may be removable. If you can get this filter to come out, the display should be quite a bit brighter. Don't know if any of this helps, sorry!