Disable autolock in 23-24 Expedition with Sync 4a?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GregTu

Reaction score
Has anyone been successful disabling the autolock feature in a 23 or 24 Expedition with Sync 4a?

I wasted over a half hour chatting with Ford Support trying things like turn on the car, triple unlock, turn off the car, triple unlock, turn on the car. She eventually had me disable Auto Unlock which is a different feature that unlocks the doors when you stop and open the driver’s door. I swear they know less about Ford vehicles than the random person on the street.

The problem/inconvenience is when I drop off my wife she can open her door but to get something out of the back seat we have to manually unlock all of the doors, or I have to open the drivers door. Not huge but a PITA. It seems like the ability the disable auto locking has been removed from recent Expeditions.

Thanks for your help.
Greg

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone been successful disabling the autolock feature in a 23 or 24 Expedition with Sync 4a?

I wasted over a half hour chatting with Ford Support trying things like turn on the car, triple unlock, turn off the car, triple unlock, turn on the car. She eventually had me disable Auto Unlock which is a different feature that unlocks the doors when you stop and open the driver’s door. I swear they know less about Ford vehicles than the random person on the street.

The problem/inconvenience is when I drop off my wife she can open her door but to get something out of the back seat we have to manually unlock all of the doors, or I have to open the drivers door. Not huge but a PITA. It seems like the ability the disable auto locking has been removed from recent Expeditions.

Thanks for your help.
Greg

Pure speculation on my part - but perhaps Ford will not permit disabling the auto lock feature due to safety and liability concerns?

OP
OP
G

GregTu

Reaction score
Pure speculation on my part - but perhaps Ford will not permit disabling the auto lock feature due to safety and liability concerns?
Maybe, but the rear doors have child locks preventing anyone in the back seats from opening the doors if enabled. I believe I’ve found ways to turn off auto lock on earlier Expeditions that don’t work on our ‘24 Platinum. Seems like a conscious decision by Ford to make a change.

OP
OP
G

GregTu

Reaction score
Maybe you look in the informant (sync) under locking and change the door lock setting
Been there done that. Just kidding.

The settings include the ability to turn off Auto Unlock, but not auto lock.

I did try this process, but it seems only work on older cars:

Thanks,
Greg

LegalBrief

Reaction score
Been there done that. Just kidding.

The settings include the ability to turn off Auto Unlock, but not auto lock.

I did try this process, but it seems only work on older cars:

Thanks,
Greg
I think you may need to update your sync

OP
OP
G

GregTu

Reaction score
I think you may need to update your sync
It’s a ‘24 that we picked up the first week of October (arrived at the dealer on 9/27) and I assume (I was told) they did a full software update before delivery.

I’ve also setup auto updates to check every night. In the last 11 weeks nothing. The software update page says 23222_PRODUCT as the Sync 4 software version. Which is a different format than other release numbers I’ve seen posted here, but I haven’t been able to locate anything that looks like the format of these other release numbers. My best guess is it’s up to date. But coincidentally I was going to double-double check my update settings today.

I’m REALLY hoping to get Bluecruise 1.2 before an upcoming trip next year, but it doesn’t sound like anyone has received a BC update for their Expeditions recently.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Greg