Disable DRLs on a 2016 XLT

Discussion in 'How To Section' started by AngryBird, May 19, 2017.

1. AngryBird

AngryBird Active Member

How do I disable the daytime running lights on my 2016 XLT? There is no option under lighting in the menu. Thanks in advanced.

2. 99WhiteC5Coupe

99WhiteC5Coupe Full Access Members

I don't have an answer for you - but a question.

I ordered and purchased a new 2015 Expedtion Limited 4x4. The salesman said that I could not get daytime running lights unless the vehicle was a "fleet purchase". I wanted the DRL option. As such, I drive with my headlamps and fog lamps on in place of the DRL's. This was my first Ford in 40+ years of driving. I consider DRL's a safety feature and was surprised that Ford did not offer them to their customers - even at an additional cost.

How did you get DRL's on your vehicle? Was it a used or fleet purchase vehicle? Thanks.

3. Flexpedition

Flexpedition Full Access Members

I ordered my 2008 with DRLs, a $45 stand-alone option. Its a dealer software controllable setting in the BCM, nothing the consumer can adjust, but maybe on your next dealer service appointment they can turn them off.

4. Bedrck47

Bedrck47 Full Access Members

For the 2015 expedition read page 93 and 94 of your owners manual to see what it says about auto lamps DRL

For the 2016 expedition read the owners manual. In the Lighting section under Autolamps and under DRL

My 2004 even has DRL Autolamps

5. Habbibie

Habbibie Legendary Member

Bedrck how do you enable/disable DRL on your 04? No such thing exists on my 05 I don't think

6. 99WhiteC5Coupe

I have read those pages previously. It does not address how to ADD DRL's to an existing model. I spoke to my Ford service department advisor after I bought the vehicle new and I was told they could not activate the DRL's feature.

7. Bedrck47

You may have read those pages but you may have missed the part that said Daytime Running Lamps (IF EQUIPPED) Check on ford etis and enter your vin number You can get a printout of your expy and all that was on it when built It should say if you have or have not DSL/Autolamps

I do agree that the owners manual doesn't address how to add. You may need the wiring diagram to figure that part out

99WhiteC5Coupe likes this.
  8. Bedrck47

Habbibie Read page 104 in your owners manual And pay attention to the part that says

(IF EQUIPPED)

Check etis to see if yours is equipped

9. 99WhiteC5Coupe

Thank you.

What is Ford etis? I registered as a new owner on Ford's owner's web site when I bought the vehicle. Is that the etis you refer to?

10. Bedrck47

FordEtis – the Online Technical Information and Services website from Ford.

FordEtis provides fast, online access to everything you need to know about servicing and repairing Ford vehicles.

If you are new to FordEtis, please choose About FordEtis to find more detailed information.

99WhiteC5Coupe and Habbibie like this.