Disabling auto start/stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, spent the last three hours installing Parallels on my Mac, all just to run Windows XP. Got it going, installed Parallels Tools to enable USB integration. Trying to connect the USB OBD11 dongle to my Ford's port, can't connect. Seems like WinXP doesn't have the drivers to recognize the OBD11 dongle.

The s*it you have to go through just to disable a feature that should never have been made permanent.

I intend to write Ford a strongly worded letter about this.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, spent the last three hours installing Parallels on my Mac, all just to run Windows XP. Got it going, installed Parallels Tools to enable USB integration. Trying to connect the USB OBD11 dongle to my Ford's port, can't connect. Seems like WinXP doesn't have the drivers to recognize the OBD11 dongle.

The s*it you have to go through just to disable a feature that should never have been made permanent.

Good idea because thats the only way they get feedback, if we give it to them. Personally I believe it should be an option to permanently enable or disable via the infotainment screen. Stupid they don’t let you permanently disable it.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score

XP??????? why the hell did you choose XP?

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A brilliant idea, I’m sure they’d love to hear about you modifying vehicle software you don’t own with a legally questionable software program from Russia.

XP??????? why the hell did you choose XP?
A fine question indeed. Mine works flawlessly with Windows 10 and basically the same setup.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Or you can go to this Expedition discussion to learn more:

http://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/forscan-tweaks-2015.32082/

And then take a look at our Expedition spreadsheet for some 2018 options:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iO4Uz1shNRwZv5gi2TKARDo2Y7lfSOMFj6Gott8g7yg/edit?usp=sharing

Just select the 2018 tab at the bottom.

If you find any errors, or if you find other codes that work, please let me know and I'll add it to our Expedition spreadsheet. Thanks.
Looking at this spreadsheet for the 2018 navigation in motion section, it says you may lose Sirius travel link, health report, and 912 assist.... is this only while using the nav while in motion or lose it for good?? I’m assuming making this change let’s you type stuff in the nav while driving, correct?

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok, I finally connected and made changes. When I made the change for the double horn honk and wrote to the module all the lights flashed as did the nav screen and instrument cluster... has anyone else experianced this? I’m hoping it’s normal. It’s on the ‘18 Navi... I changed the seatbelt warning and none of that happened. Haven’t driven to test the seatbelt thing but the horn beeping stopped.